Mapping Exp Pedal to different switches?

boyce89976

I just got a Mobius, and I want to be able to use my expression pedal for the Wah, and some of the other functions on the Mobius (like reducing bit rate on the Destroyer engine). Normally, my expression pedal controls decay and mix on my BigSky. What I want to have happen is:
  • When I hit the switch on an IA page to activate the Mobius' Wah
  • I want the expression pedal to change function and control the filter sweep on the Wah
  • When I turn off the Wah using the same switch, I want the expression pedal to resume normal reverb control.
Do I do that using the System -> ExpPedal -> ExpPedal settings block within the "Edit Local Buttons" page? Or is there a better way to do it?

Yes, that's what the ExpPedal action is intended to do. You don't necessarily need to use a local page for this, but you could if you wanted this to only work on one specific preset.

So, what I want to do is this:
  • Select a song where the expression normally controls the Bigsky
  • Select an IA preset that allows me to access each pedal like a traditional looper
  • Set up an IA button on that page that goes to a Mobius page to select 6-8 different Mobius presets
  • Select Wah, for example on the Mobius page, and have the Expression pedal change from controlling the BigSky to temporarily control the Mobius Wah, until I turn the Wah off, at which point the Exp pedal should go back to controlling the BigSky.
I probably didn't explain it very well the first time. Here's my settings file I'm building in advance of getting the Mobius installed on the board (trying to do as much as I can before the Mobius is up and running). You'll see button page 4 is the Mobius page, and on preset #201 (Main TF - my main IA preset) there is a button labeled "Mobius" that is supposed to open button page 4. There are a couple presets on page 4 where I'll want to Exp pedal temporarily mapped to the Mobius (Wah, Rotary and Destroyer, for example), but I'm not sure how to do it exactly.

Attachments

• NEW STEREO INV-B OFF PBC MASTER Presets.MOBIUS.WV.POG2 6.13.19.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
I'm trying to use this screen to load the expression pedal block I want to use. Is "Global" my standard Exp Pedal setup?
7zRM8O8.png

1sib66N.png

Awesome, thanks Ron! This is going to add so many more sounds I can't wait! Are you coming to Summer NAMM? If so, let me know if you guys need my pedalboard for demo stuff. Barry asked me last year, but I was traveling back from a fly date or something.

Awesome, thanks Ron! This is going to add so many more sounds I can't wait! Are you coming to Summer NAMM? If so, let me know if you guys need my pedalboard for demo stuff. Barry asked me last year, but I was traveling back from a fly date or something.

Thanks for the offer, but we're not going to have any presence at Summer NAMM - too many conflicts with other plans.

Thanks for the offer, but we're not going to have any presence at Summer NAMM - too many conflicts with other plans.
Hey Ron, quick question. I got my pedalboard back from Barry this afternoon, and there are a couple of things that aren't working right. One of them is a couple of switches set to reverb presets... they're not acting the same as they did before we changed things. I have a feeling it's the way the midi is routed, but I thought I'd send you my settings file to see if I'm missing something. The other is the LED for my Mobius page doesn't turn off when I leave that page. I'm sure I'm missing something here, but I'm at a loss.

I should clarify, it's on preset #201 on the Swells and Short Hall buttons. What should happen is this:
  • Default is a long reverb and .8th delay
  • Stepping on Swells, changes to my ambient preset on the Bigsky, and to a multitap delay on the Timefactor
  • From that state, stepping on Short Hall, should load a short reverb preset, and change the Timefactor back to the default .8th delay. But what's happening, depending on whether the "Send Off Msgs" box is checked or not on the Globals page, is either the Bigsky goes to the default long reverb, or the Timefactor doesn't change off the multitap delay.
I haven't changed these settings in a while, so I suspect it's something with the midi routing through the Timefactor... I've heard it can be an issue with the way Eventide handles the midi signal. But perhaps something is wrong in the midi setup on my devices page?

Attachments

• NEW STEREO INV-B OFF PBC MASTER Presets.MOBIUS.WV.POG2 6.13.19.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If presets aren't changing correctly, and Send Off Msgs is turned off, then you should check your channel settings. Maybe the pedals are not set to the channels that are indicated in the PBC settings?

For your page button, make sure that Momentary is turned on and Send/Update on Preset Change are turned off.

Back