Recent content by 36-P

1. 3

Axe Fx 3 Block Channels

Brothers, I was able to get this to work on my rig. I found 2 little problems and a couple others. The layout and navigation is Excellent and usable with a couple simple fixes. However, at the same time (with Peace & Love) I would save a copy and make a major overhaul to the blocks. I think you...
  2. 3

Global Boost IA Switch Issue

M— Sounds great! So the answer is No, kinda, maybe. No, because Ext Ctrl’s are independent of scenes by design. Kinda, you can use scene controllers in the AxeFx but that’s a different approach and doesn’t solve the button state issue. Scene Ctrl’s in the Axe will allow you to set the levels...
  3. 3

GT16 AxeFx III - Preset Change Question

Hi Mike, I had a GT16 before I got my AxeFx 3 which pushed me to trade up to the GT22. However, I will share some tips. 1). I purchased a couple of Ext Switches from Analog Endeavors for Page Up/Dn and the other pair for IA mode & Tap Tempo. They were killer and have a small footprint and it...
  4. 3

I rewatched both of brother Leon’s vids and think the second video is probably the one you want to watch. So, for fun I crammed as many things in to a little test and it worked flawlessly the first time. I set Ext 3 to Bypass the Chorus block and activate the Amp Input Boost and a null Filter...
  5. 3

So, I want to help here but I have no idea what you are doing with that button. I opened your file and re-read both of your threads only to realize you are trying to control the output levels with CC's values. As far as having a button not syncing and having to cycle it is an easier fix. I...
  6. 3

Problems with a basic setup :(

You can add the Preset Menu button type to your page and call up all the presets and bank up/dn through them. This gives you more flexibility. I would start with setting the default button page for the Axe FX3 and replace any IA button with the Preset Menu button. To speed up your process or...
  7. 3

Whammy DT MIDI and other Ideas!

I think most people struggle with controlling the Whammy DT via Midi so I wanted to share some ideas and consolidate some other best practices. I know everyone is a little different so I will try to cover as many users as possible. The Whammy DT uses midi Program Change messages (PC's) to engage...
  8. 3

New phantom power cable with bidirectional MIDI by Best-tronics

I have tried many cables and BTPA.com make some of the best. They have a fair price for excellent quality cables that perform better than ALL of those fancy cables. I have bought and sold many custom cables from them and will only buy from them. I believe you should spend 10% of your budget on...
  9. 3

Switching Channels Axe FX3 and GT

I believe in earlier versions of 4.0 in IA mode the button turned into an IA Cycle button for me. So I stopped using IA since I upgraded to GT22 (layout is still a work in progress). I just added IA Mode button and all the blocks drop down into the A B C D select mode for both Normal and IA...
  10. 3

Need help assign button on RJM SP1 pedal AxeFx 3

Well... That's a tough one. Since the Wah Block should go at the beginning of your signal (most situations) and the Volume Block should be somewhere after the amp (unless you want it to change the gain) you can't easily take the Multiplexer (MUX) route. You might get more help on the fractal...
  11. 3

MASTERMIND GT 4.1.0 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Thanks. Solved, maybe. My "PC Mapping" was already set to off. I missed the earlier post about Patchbay & Midi Monitor. I set it up and was only "hearing" the GT. Then I created a "patch" with GT Out -> Axe In and another with Axe Out -> GT In and it worked. Something was wrong with the return...
  12. 3

MASTERMIND GT 4.1.0 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Hi Ron, First time long time... I am having the same issue with Get Preset Names on my MMGT 16. I had no issues with either of the RJM Beta's until updating the Axe to 1.15 (final). I updated to RJM 4.1 a couple days late and still had issues. I factory reset the MMGT after 4.1 and setup a new...
Back