Recent content by theshadowproject

1. T

Line 6 Filter Pro - Ground Loop Hum

Thanks for the quick response Ron, appreciated! In terms of lifting the ground on the unit itself, is that pretty easy to do or should I be asking an electrician with experience? Simon
  2. T

Effects Gizmo Locks Up

Thanks Ron, unfortunately I'm in the UK so that wouldn't be an option for me. It's definitely working fine with the Decibel 11 though.
  3. T

Line 6 Filter Pro - Ground Loop Hum

Hi guys, Just after some advice really. I recently got the Line 6 Filter Pro to replace my old FM4. It's putting out a huge ground hum when I run my guitar through it. To confirm, it doesn't have to be rack mounted or in a loop on my Effect Gizmo Switchers. If I just plug a guitar into it...
  4. T

Ground Hum with 2 x Effect Gizmos

Hi Ron, Weird isn't it. I'm actually in the UK and just received these units new from Toneworld so it's the UK 9V adaptors that came with the units were causing the problem. It's actually worked out much better with me powering from the Decibel 11 unit - it's saved me two outputs on my Power...
  5. T

Effects Gizmo Locks Up

I changed from the effect gizmo wall warts to my Decibel11 Hot Stone 12v outputs and that totally fixed it. Weird.
  6. T

Ok, I've fixed it. It was the wall warts that came with the units. Switched to the 12v outputs on my guitar effects power supplies (Decibel 11 Hot Stones) and engaged the Ground Loop lifts on both units - totally silent now. Weird
  7. T

Effects Gizmo Locks Up

Hi, My brand new black effect gizmo just arrived and is doing the same thing. My silver one (I ordered two) is not. I'm using the power supplies that came with both units. You mentioned a ground issue - I'm experiencing grounding issues with mine - I'm wondering if this is the cause. Weird.
  8. T

Hi, Just received 2 brand new Effect Gizmos and am setting everything up. I've rushed into things in the past so wanted to take my time and make sure I got everything working piece by piece. I hooked up the 2 units in my rack and instantly found a ground loop issue. Essentially, the ground...
  9. T

2 x Effect Gizmo Units - GCX 1,2,3 and 4 from GC Pro?

Hi, If I buy 2 Effect Gizmo units can I set one up to run as GCX 1 and 2 and the other as GCX 3 and 4? Thanks, Simon
Back