Effect Gizmo w/ momentary pedal

claxor

Guys,

I see a new pedal I have to have, and it can work as a momentary switch effect (Digitech FreqOut). Step on it to have feedback, release your foot to stop the feedback. I'd like to place it in my rack with an Effect Gizmo and work the same way. Do I just make the pedal a latching (on and stay on) pedal, and assign the loop the pedal is inserted into to be a momentary type switch? I assume this should work, right?

The momentary mode on the Effect Gizmo turns a loop on for 100msec, then turns it off. It's designed for controlling amps or effects that require a momentary pulse to activate. It won't work for what you're doing.

The feature you're looking for needs to be a function of your MIDI controller - the controller needs to be able to send an on message when the button is pressed and an off message when the button is released. Our controllers can do this for sure. I imagine that there are others that can, but I don't know which ones.

The momentary mode on the Effect Gizmo turns a loop on for 100msec, then turns it off. It's designed for controlling amps or effects that require a momentary pulse to activate. It won't work for what you're doing.

The feature you're looking for needs to be a function of your MIDI controller - the controller needs to be able to send an on message when the button is pressed and an off message when the button is released. Our controllers can do this for sure. I imagine that there are others that can, but I don't know which ones.

Well, I'm using the Fractal MFC-101. So, I assume it should be able to do what we are talking about, correct?

From a brief look at the MFC manual, it does appear you can set up an IA button to be a momentary/hold button.

Another related question, and sorry if this is pretty obvious:

On some Axefx presets I plan on using a momentary switch on the Fractal MFC-101 to "punch-in" briefly an effect in a loop in the Effect Gizmo. On other Axefx presets, I'd like the "scenes" in a preset to activate two loops in the Effect Gizmo. Is it possible to have both controls available?

I'm pretty sure that you can assign a button to punch in an effect, but it would be the same for every preset, I don't think you can have different button configurations for each preset.

I don't think that scenes can send MIDI messages, you would need that to do the second half of what you're asking.

I recommend asking Fractal, though - I'm not up on the latest Axe-Fx features.

Back