Three Issues to Troubleshoot

Skullcap

I have a MMGT 22, and am trying to solve the following issues.

First, a bit about my rig. I use the MMGT 22 to control the loops on two Switchblade GL switching units, and a Switchblade 8F switching unit. I also use it to select patches on various rack effect units, as well as sending cc messages via expression pedals.

1- I am wanting the MMGT 22 to automatically have all the loops that are controlled by IA buttons in the ‘global preset’, to be in the ‘off’ state, when I power up the unit. As it is now, every time I turn on the MMGT 22, I have to manually toggle the IA buttons on and then off again, otherwise all of my effects units start in an engaged state. In other words, I do not want those loops engaged until and unless I select them.

2- I want to be able to switch between presets, and have the visual state of the IA buttons remain as I left them (as indicated by the ‘blacking’ of the background), when I return back to the preset. As it is now, that only happens with the global preset, for some reason, all my other presets visually appear to be disengaged, when I navigate to another preset, and then navigate back. To be clear, the actual state of loops being engaged or disengaged does not change, only the visual indication of such.

The way I have my presets set up, is that I have one preset for each rack effect unit. I then have the IA buttons set up so that I can select individual patches within said rack unit. I want to be able to navigate away from the preset and back, and still be able to see which patch is selected.

3- I have a button group set up so that I can switch between four different guitar preamps. It is set up so that only one is activated at a time. When I first power up the MMGT 22, I have to push multiple buttons in the group before it will correctly select the preamp whose button I push. Sometimes it simply does not switch, and sometimes multiple preamps end up engaged simultaneously. Once I push the buttons a bit, everything works fine from there. However, if I navigate away from the preset that contains that button group, and then navigate back, the same button pushing issue occurs again. I would also like to be able to navigate away from and back to that preset, and have which preset was previously selected be visually indicated (it is not).

Help!

thanks

Due to the complexity of what you have going on there, I'm going to need to see a copy of your settings file in order to be able to help you out. Please send the file to me, either here or to "support AT rjmmusic DOT com" and I'll figure it out.

Ok, it looks like you're using presets with local button pages where you should be using global button pages. When you switch presets, the state of local button pages is not preserved. Global button pages will preserve their state when you switch away from a page, then return again.

I've gone ahead and edited the file copying the local button pages for presets 1-13 to button pages 1-13, then set up the presets to automatically display the correct button page.

I've also turned on "Send CCs on Preset Change" for each of your Switchblade devices (in the Devices tab), and edited every button on page 1 that controls a Switchblade loop. I have turned on "Send on Preset Change" for those buttons. That will make the buttons automatically send their messages on power up, as well as when you change presets. If "Send on Preset Change" is not turned on, the buttons will not send their messages unless they're actually being pressed.

This may not get you all the way there, but it should address at least some of the issues you were having.

Attachments

• Device State 9-22-17-modified.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Thanks for doing that. Unfortunately, I loaded the file in to my MMGT 22, and now nothing in my rig is responding to anything from the device. Advice?

thanks

Nothing at all? If you press any of the buttons that control the Switchblade loops, can you get any response?

Sorry about that, forgot to set Max page to 16. New file is attached.

Attachments

• Device State 9-22-17-modified2.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Back