IA mode reversal

Shanesplanet

I can't seem to find the IA mode being as useful as it should be. I admit i have a horrid grasp on the ia concept as it is. Would it be possible for buttons to have their 'normal' command showing as default, and the IA choice for that button, showing when IA mode is enabled? Letting me choose a standard ia button to cycle between 2 via 'ia mode', is what im really after. Similar to the 'hold' function, but with AI mode controlling the chosen button(s) to switch to the second choice. It just seems logically backwards to me as it is now. Apologies if its ignorance on my end.

That is how it works - when IA mode is off, the button is set to its normal function. When IA mode is on, it performs its IA function. For example, you have a preset button, but when you press IA mode, the preset button converts to an IA button.

The reason it exists is that every button has normal button settings (the upper left and upper center boxes in the button edit screen), and IA button settings (every other part of the screen). Preset, bank, and other buttons only use those few parameters in the upper left. If you press IA Mode, the button converts to an IA button and uses all of the IA parameters as its configuration.

Generally, when people are confused about IA mode, it turns out what they really need to use is button pages. IA Mode is limited - it can only convert non-IA buttons to IA buttons. That's all. Using multiple button pages will allow any changes you like.

Thanks for your response. Rereading a hundred times, still can't grasp it. I'll just leave the 'ia mode' button out of the equation. Back to ignoring what i dont understand. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back