Midi bank selects song

lbcbdr

hi I am trying to get this to work with the onsong app on my iPad so when I change songs the pbc goes to the songs first preset. I have checked the iPad and it is sending bank an Pc commands and when I set it up to do Pc to select a preset that works. I am in set list mode. Am I missing some other thing to get this to work. Thanks.

Lbc

What happens when you do send the bank and PC? And, is MIDI Bank Selects Song turned on or turned off?

What happens when you do send the bank and PC? And, is MIDI Bank Selects Song turned on or turned off?
I'm sending bank + preset 0 (or 1 ive tried both) to select the 1st preset in the song and the PBC goes to preset 1 (1st preset in the list) but never selects the song. the Onsong app lets you choose values for MSB and LSB. I have tried various combinations. I will try again tonight to give exact combinations.

MIDI Bank Selects Song should be turned on. Also, make sure that Setlist is set to something other than None - a setlist needs to be selected in order for you to be able to select any songs.

MIDI Bank Selects Song should be turned on. Also, make sure that Setlist is set to something other than None - a setlist needs to be selected in order for you to be able to select any songs.
Both are set midi bank selects song and using set list 3. I will confirm what happens and also test sending from other midi device

all that happens is the preset changes on the pbc if i select pc 0 i get the first preset in my list called preset 1 the song does not change

same thing if i use midiox on my PC to send commnd. it also reads the command correctly from my ipad

The bank number should be the actual song number, not position within the setlist. I can see where this could be a problem, I guess I need to add a setting to determine if the bank number selects a song number or a song index.

I have tried different values for msb,lsb to no avail. What should the midi command look like to select the first preset in song 26.

That is what i am sending but the song never changes pc 0 selects PBC preset 1 pc 1 pbc preset 2... also if i switch to no setlist it calculates the formula correctly from the manual to determine the preset number i.e. Msb 0, lsb 1, pc0 =preset 129(ithink i did that right).

Is song 26 in your current setlist? It will only work if the song is present in your setlist.

Yes I have tried it with different songs all in the set list no matter the bank setting it just selects based on the PC number

That's odd, I just tried sending exactly the commands I listed above and it worked fine (using your settings). Ok, I was off by one - it recalled song 27, but sending bank 25, preset 0 does select the first preset in song 26.

What version of firmware are you running on the PBC?

4.1.1 Are you available for a tech support call I am on the east coast and could call at 6:30 EST while in front of the PBC and hooked up with PC and the Ipad

MIDI-OX is the one we use here on PCs, and is what I used to generate the MIDI messages.

So Tried a new program still same result also discovered i was on ver 4.1.0. Updated to 4.1.1 same result

Back