Strymon Timeline Tempo Issues

Rocky Catanese

Hi friends,

So I just got my PBC, and it's exactly the thing I've been hoping for. However, I'm running into an issue with my Timeline where the tempo gets really weird after a few seconds. If I tap the tap-tempo on the PBC or the Timeline itself, the tempo will hold for a couple seconds, then warp out and go super slow.

Ideally, I would like my preset tempos from the Timeline to come on when I activate the Timeline from the PBC, so I'm only using the tap for minor adjustments live. I've set all my presets on the Timeline to have the tempo saved for that preset, so it's especially annoying that they've been thrown out of wack so badly.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any tips or advice? Ron has been graciously trying to work with me through it, but I figured I'd cast as wide of a net as possible.

Thanks!

Is the PBC set to "Master" or "slave" on the midi clock settings (midi page in the editor)? Sounds like the PBC's tempo is trying to override your Timeline preset tempo's.

I don't see anything wrong with your settings. I see that you have more than one MIDI device in your chain, maybe one is generating MIDI clock? Try turning off MIDI Clock receive in the Timeline. (Timeline global settings, turn off "MIDICL"). That will prevent it from ever listening to MIDI clock.

Thanks guys.

I’m out of town for the next week, but as soon as I’m home I’ll test out changing the settings on the timeline, and report if I’m still having issues.

Back