GT22 newbie programming

Clint Humphrey

New guy questions! So much of the MMGT and the editor are easy and make so much sense, but I’m not the best with midi and very new to this so these may have simple answers! I’m just not well versed in midi vocabulary and the GTs options/limitations from the Kemper.

I’m running the GT22 by itself with a Volume pedal as an expression. I have to get another Dunlop, but the one I have works for now! KPA is on 5.5.2 and MMGT is on 4.2.3. I haven’t updated or downloaded the new reverbs. I haven’t heard if they’re really stable just yet and that makes me nervous. I’m currently running bidirectional with 2 5-pins. The goal is to run the GT like a more functional, larger version of the remote. My plan is to use performance slots like gain stages, and all the effects will remain the same in every slot like a digital pedalboard. I’m not quite ready to dive into programming songs and set lists, so I want to be able to turn effects on and off on the fly, but retain their status if I change preset slots.

So...here are my current issues.

The tuner shows >?< when switched on. It turns on the KPA tuner and works, just doesn’t display on the GT.
I’ve set up a system/tuner, and then the tuner cc in the actions window. Still no dice.

After a few seconds the KPA shows a “midi device connected” message and the effects slots change from what I wrote in the editor to a split display of the KPA effect name and what I wrote. I’d love to know how to get those to stay as I wrote them without the split.

After I change preset slots, if I had any effects turned on, they don’t show to be on in the displays, but are in the KPA. It’s like the page resets but the effects are active on the KPA. This seems like a fairly simple fix, but the MMGT’s manual vocabulary is a little over my head.

You guys are awesome. This controller is awesome. Kempers are awesome. It’s all awesome. Thanks in advance y’all!

Attachments

• C297886A-AC6C-4353-8FC2-81294BAAA1D5.jpeg
    C297886A-AC6C-4353-8FC2-81294BAAA1D5.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 6
Please send me a copy of your settings file, I can look it over and see what's going on.

It looks like turning on "Ignore Incoming CC" will disable the tuner. It probably shouldn't work that way, I will look into fixing it. But for now, turning Ignore Incoming CC is the only way to get the tuner displaying.

Back