unwanted mute

Victor Vos

Hi,
I have hardly been using the GT lately because of playing other instruments but today I picked up the touch guitar again and encountered a few problems that I cannot seem to solve...

Every time I press the next song button (I believe it is bank up) output one (not two) of my Axefx II is muted. It will not come back until I power off the axefx and turn on again.. very bad..:(
Also my expression pedal no longer works right (seems to go in two or three big steps).
I tried with two different pedals and cables that all worked well before... also calibrated both.
I did update firmware for both the GT and the axefx...
Hope you can figure this out...

Look for any button or other feature that controls the output 1 level of the Axe-Fx. Make sure that it's not sending messages when you don't want it to. For example, make sure that Send on Preset Change is not turned on on any button that controls output 1.

Make sure your pedal is the correct polarity. Some pedals need a polarity reversing cable in order to work properly. The symptoms or the wrong polarity are exactly what you describe.

Thank you,

Yes I checked all midi messages and send on preset change is off.
Also I did not reverse my wiring. Both pedals were working fine before.
Actually, I did not change anything.
Maybe something with the axefx?

Actually the output one is muted any time I change preset with the GT..
No matter in what way...

Last edited:
Turning on 'direct send' seems to have solved the muting problem (did I ever turn that off??)
I still don't get it but it is working again! :)

Apart from the expression pedals...

Hm, It might be my cable.. I did make this but I cannot remember if I reversed the wiring in the cable or in the connectors of the pedals.
I tried a different cable but that is standard stereo..
What I should try is make a new cable with reversed polarity and see if this works...

Making a new cable did solve the problem. It was probably damaged...
All working well again,
I still don't know what happened but okay..

Thanks for thinking with me.

Back