PBC not showing LED status for presets made on PC

shuffle

When I am creating presets on the PBC, I use page 2 (the loops page) to select my loops. The only change I made to this page is loops 8, 9 and 10 don't turn on the loop, but rather take you to a new page dedicated for the MIDI effect in that loop.

IE Loop 8 has a Boss MV500, when I press loop 8 it opens page 4 on the PBC. Buttons 1 through 6 allow me instant access to 6 different effects, IE Chorus, tremolo. Once selected I can hold the Loops button to save the preset.

Same for loop 9 - Takes me to page 5 for me Timeline, and has 6 of my most used effects easily ready for selecting/saving.

When I create the preset on the PBC - everything works as it should, and when I view pages 4, 5 and 6 the LEDs show which button is on.

The issue:
When I create a preset on the editor (which is much faster), none of the LEDs on pages 4, 5 and 6 are on showing which button is selected. They are all Black, despite some effects are actually turned on and sounding correct.

If you open the file, and create a new patch on the editor and transfer it, you will see when viewing pages 4,5 and 6 that the LEDs are off for some reason.

Attachments

• PBC w MD500.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
When you create the presets on the PBC, I'm assuming you are pressing that IA button (turning it on) prior to saving. That will cause it to be saved in the ON state (obviously).

When doing it from the editor, you would need to click the same IA button under the editor's preset tab. If you are just using the PC boxes up top, that is not the same thing. Although it will send that PC when going to that preset, it will be doing it b/c of the numbers in those boxes instead of the IA button which is set to Send On Preset Change.

Not sure if the above makes sense. But essentially, if you want the button to light up when creating from the editor, click the button on the screen in the same fashion that you would press it with your foot from the PBC.

After playing with this a bit, I think Craig's right - you're probably editing the PC number, but not actually clicking the button. If I select preset 4 in the Presets tab, for example, then go over to button page 4 (while still remaining in in the Presets tab) and click the Leslie button, then send the settings to the device, I see that button 5 is turned on.

There are (at least) two different ways to specify PCs, one using the PC Message box and the other is using IA buttons. Updating one doesn't update the other - if you want the IA buttons to change, you'll need to actually change the IA button state.

BTW, the IA buttons are processed after the PC messages section, so the IA button will always have precedence. The way it's configured, the PC Messages section will not have any effect.

Ok great this makes sense to me. I’ll test it out tomorrow when I get home, using the switches in the editor rather than the PC numbers.

Thanks guys

Back