Search results

1. matt-phaeleh

GT 16 issue? Lights barely visible and no text.

Hey Ron, Sadly no joy with the above, so I'll start a new support ticket to see what options there might be in terms of saving the GT. Thanks so much for the suggestions!
  2. matt-phaeleh

Awesome, thanks so much Ron, you're a star! I'll give this a proper go in the next day or two and let you know how I get on. Hope you're well. :)
  3. matt-phaeleh

Hi Ron, Just following up on this. Can confirm the specs above are correct. I checked with a couple more power supplies again and still nothing. I did try something else though, when I have something plugged into the DC outlets of the GT, they power up absolutely fine, which suggests the power...
  4. matt-phaeleh

Hey Ron, thanks for the fast reply! I'll have a check tomorrow when I'm in the studio, but off the top of my head it's a 2A 12V adaptor, with the IEC connector coming from a Furman PL-PRO DMC. I did try it with a couple of other similarly rated power supplies, and whilst they worked with other...
  5. matt-phaeleh

Hi Ron, I hope you're well, it's been a while! Sadly I'm having a problem with my GT16. It mostly sits in a flightcase these days and gets used once or twice a year, for specific things I'm doing. I powered it up this evening, and all was well and functioning fine. I turned away for a moment...
  6. matt-phaeleh

Momentary Note or Allow Momentary Switches to follow IA Cycle

Glad you got it all working! To be honest I completely forgot that mine was setup like that, and you jogged my memory. I think when I originally had the breakthrough I was so happy it was working I didn't actually check it further. Enjoy getting involved with the GT though, and glad I wasn't...
  7. matt-phaeleh

I've just had a further look at my settings, and seems like i'm using a CC Toggle for all of my stuff talking to the laptop, even if it's setup as a momentary button. It doesn't make any difference to ableton if it's notes or CC, so this could be another option to try out.
  8. matt-phaeleh

That actually looks pretty legit to me, so I don't think it's something you're missing. I'll have a proper look in a bit, as actually got my GT setup after a little while of neglecting it for some other projects I had on the go, so can test the setup with USB. In the meantime, I looked at my GT...
  9. matt-phaeleh

What sort of things are you wanting to control within Ableton? If you can be more specific there are quite a few people using the software on here who I'm sure will be happy to help out. Starting from scratch, once you've decided whether you're using the USB or midi via a soundcard to talk to...
  10. matt-phaeleh

Building a custom external foot switch.

That all makes sense, and apologies for pointing out the obvious, is sometimes worth saying for people! :) I got bored of trying to suss out how best to use the Live midi side of things, so ended up skipping it and doing everything in Max/MSP which gave me a whole lot more control over...
  11. matt-phaeleh

Building a custom external foot switch.

You need to be using bi-directional midi to get the GT to respond to Ableton. Whilst I haven't actually looked into this further, it was an initial 'meh' moment when I first started setting up my setup. But in theory if you've got the spare midi ports it shouldn't be a problem, and should then...
  12. matt-phaeleh

Select Device Preset AND Bypass On/Off with one Button PLUS Group

I'm not quite following, do you mean 9 buttons in total or 3, with 1 button per Strymon device using steps? Do you mean the 'next' button associated with that device? Looking at the photo I'm guessing its with a different button per preset, with each device having it's own group. (So Timeline...
  13. matt-phaeleh

Sounds like it's all heading in the right direction! The flexibility of M4L is pretty awesome, as I'm sure you're noticing with the remote script. Whilst it takes a bit of getting around, the Live API (which the script uses) let's you control/observe anything in Live in anyway possible, and I...
  14. matt-phaeleh

Another option would be to have a note off for the previous steps note for each step, if that makes sense so something like the attached. Only issue would be it would loop round and round with the last note always playing, so you could use another button to be 'all notes off' type thing, which...
  15. matt-phaeleh

FEATURE REQUEST LIST

A suggestion for the editor, would be the ability to select multiple things in the action list and copy, then paste into an action list elsewhere. Copying buttons always seems a bit hit and miss for me, and doesn't seem to work at all with presets, but in all honesty, being able to copy specific...
  16. matt-phaeleh

FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Thanks Ron, I actually had a eureka moment after reading your reply here and on someone elses post. I think as I've always had 'edit local buttons' enabled, I hadn't realised I could just turn the pedals on/off via the editor, so seem to have solved that issue. I never had much joy with the...
  17. matt-phaeleh

FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Still be up for a delay command, like an IA step, that would pause for a certain amount of MS before continuing. This is useful for weird little auto wipe patches I've made for my Infinity, but without the delays certain commands are missed whilst it's wiping loops. As someone already...
  18. matt-phaeleh

MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.0

Yeah I just checked it with that setting and it seems to jump to the local page. I've had no issues jumping to any other page from this one (15), and had no problems on any other pages either. It just seems to go to page 2 or the local page using whatever way I try to get around it. At the...
  19. matt-phaeleh

MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.0

Only just got round to updating the firmware, and loving this so far. Thanks Ron, some really great additions! Quick question regarding pages. I'm switching from using system/page commands to the page up/down (with min/max) commands, as the page names don't work using the former method. All...
  20. matt-phaeleh

Quick Mini Effect Gizmo/GT question

Thanks Ron, I'll have a play and see how it goes. I'm not using IA store at all, so I'm guessing everything should be off on the presets on the GT, though saying that certain presets load with buttons turned on, and others with them off. They have identical settings so not sure how I've managed...
Back