Search results

1. middle_pickup

Mastermind Editor package manager for windows

Microsoft has a new package manager for their command line called winget. It's basically a clone of apt-get from Linux, if you're familiar. It's been really nice in my testing so far. I would love to see the RJM mastermind editor software be added to the repository to begin getting updates for...
  2. middle_pickup

Pedal Polarity Probs

Does anyone know of a device with either midi, or function switch control that will let me selectively invert the polarity of a signal? The only one I have seen is the Mesa Boogie A/B/Y switcher, which is like $300. It's too expensive, and too large for my rig. I'm looking for this because I'm...
  3. middle_pickup

PBC buffer discussion

Just came across this video from Vertex Effects on the subject of buffers. Mason points out that too many buffers can have a detrimental effect on your tone. I'm interested to hear what you all are using for buffer settings on your PBC's, and if you have any other buffers outside of the PBC...
  4. middle_pickup

Midi clock subdivision?

I needed a dotted 1/16 note delay for a song today. The Timeline doesn't support that subdivision directly, so I made a preset on mh PBC that recalls a dotted 1/8 delay. To double the delay time of the Timeline as I needed I set the midi clock to 1/8 note instead of the typical 1/4. The...
  5. middle_pickup

Midi 2.0?

Will it be possible to update the PBC to support midi 2.0? I know the spec isn't released yet, but I am hoping that once it is the Universal Audio UA FX line of pedals will get an update for midi over their USB C ports. Do the PBC microcontrollers have the capacity to handle the 2.0 you think?
  6. middle_pickup

Labels for PBC?

I bought one of those old-school label makers a while ago, but the plastic labels keep popping off. The adhesive isn't too strong against the powder coating I guess. Anyone know a glue that might work to adhere the labels, but be easy to remove without a mess later?
  7. middle_pickup

Mixing the dry signal, PBC/10 mk. II ideas

I know this would require a hardware change, but I really wish I could control the level of the dry signal in the onboard mixer of my PBC10. I would like to be able to blend it with my effects instead of just killing it completely. Being able to do this would let you get closer to the control...
  8. middle_pickup

PBC Editor stopping midi IO over USB?

So I'm pretty sure I have done this before, but I can't get it to work now. I'm having trouble using the Nixie Strymon editor app AND the PBC edit app at the same time. Does the PBC10 stop sending midi over USB while it's connected to the PBC edit app? It's a pain to have to save your work...
  9. middle_pickup

PBC editor app in wine?

I'm thinking about adding a Raspberry Pi to my board to run the PBC editor on. I can host a wifi network from my phone, and use my iPad to remote desktop into the Pi. I've used wine on an old MacBook to run an older version of the editor before just in testing. I've read that box86 and wine...
  10. middle_pickup

User building midi device library?

Is it possible for a user to add the midi CC and PC info for an unlisted midi device? I'm adding the Selah Quartz V3 to my rig at the moment, and as you may know, this box lets the user change all the midi numbers at will. I'm guessing that's why there are no pre-listed PC or CC numbers when you...
  11. middle_pickup

Using CC actions with Eventide H9

So I have a cool blackhole reverb preset on my H9 that I use for a lot of things. I have this one preset on my PBC that I assigned a CC action to adjust the mix of that blackhole reverb. It works well, but now I'm having an issue when I move onto another PBC preset. That blackhole reverb retains...
  12. middle_pickup

Line level effects?

I think I understand this correctly, but just to be sure...can the effect gizmo work with line level effects? I want to build out a small rack of stereo wet effects to process two (left amp, right amp) microphone signals. Can I route mic preamps into the effect gizmo, or are line level signals...
  13. middle_pickup

Hardware idea!

Preface: I know this can't happen without a hardware change, but as an RJM fanboy I hope my ideas will add value to your company. You definitely have done the same for my playing and enjoyment of music! Now for the idea! I have seen a few boost pedals that include an expression pedal input for...
  14. middle_pickup

Selah Quartz users?

I'm going to add the Quartz v3 to my rig. I would like to be able to set separate subdivisions to my different tap tempo pedals, and I need to free up function switches for other things. I'm reading through Selah's user manual, and I'm trying to see how I can use it. 2 questions. First off...
  15. middle_pickup

PBC insert loop signal routing help

I'm adding a DD-5 to my rig. I have three ideas about how I should wire it up to the second insert loop on my PBC/10. The first working idea is being discussed in another thread since it's kind of complicated and needs its own space just to keep the logic straight. First idea. This is a bit...
  16. middle_pickup

PBC function switches

I'm running out of function switches. What are my options for adding more? Two more would be awesome.
  17. middle_pickup

Squareplug TRS for stereo loops?

I'm planning out my next board update. I know I want to add a couple of pedals, and move from the Switchcraft to the Squareplug tiny pancake plugs. My board is stereo, and I hope to use the TRS Squareplugs for the stereo loops on my PBC10. However, the Mogami w2528 dual cable I used on my...
  18. middle_pickup

auto-tap subdivisions

I would like to be able to program different subdivisions for my different function switches. Currently, you can only select one for all outputs.
  19. middle_pickup

Auto-tap with multiple delays...

Anyone using the PBC's auto-tap feature with more than one pedal? I have a Deluxe Memory Man that gets the auto-tap, but I just bought a DD-5 that I will be adding to the rig soon. I would like to auto-tap this delay too, but I can't see a way to send separate subdivisions to the two pedals. Any...
  20. middle_pickup

Strat mode vs Tele mode question...

So I recently bought a Strat. Love the guitar. Never owned a single coil axe before. It's so much fun having access to new tones! I have always had humbucker guitars until now. My other guitar is a Thinline Tele with wide range humbuckers. They are higher output and warmer sounding than the...
Back