Search results

1. M

Transitioning to Mainstage 3 and BIAS System

Thanks for the quick reply and working on a Sunday. Quite helpful. One follow up, can the GT be programmed to control the BIAS FX2 standalone app outside of the Mainstage environment? I see it has MIDI functionality but I have not seen anyone talking about using a GT with it. Thanks for the info!
  2. M

Transitioning to Mainstage 3 and BIAS System

Hi All, I have conducted a search before posting this, but the only relevant responses involved MainStage from 2016. So here is the situation. I current use a GT22 with a rack based switching system for analogue pedals and my Mesa V head. The signal chain is Guitar->tuner->Mission active...
  3. M

Nice Rack Canada | All You Need

So I noticed you rewired the 2x12 into stereo. Does that give sufficient separation for a stereo output or is it something that benefits from the Axe-FX? Asking as someone with a 2x12 and no Axe, just Strymons.
  4. M

Axe Fx II and changing instant access switches per patch instead of global?

It is, just don’t always get responses during the middle of the day. Work schedules and all that.
  5. M

How much cable to order?

Take the advice above and measure point to point for each input and output at its longest setting. I will describe my experience below for reference. I used George L's for wiring up a rack giz, FX giz, one amp head, 15 pedals, and runs to a pedal board with a MMGT, wah, and volume. I just...
  6. M

Wish: Play the Oleds with midi note on/off.

Agreed. This would shut down so many vocalist issues where they think they know better despite the rest of us following midi tempo. Please, Ron, help us be superior to know it all vocalists.
  7. M

Wish: Song actions - similar to Preset actions

Seems like you could just copy over and make the song specific preset just as easily. I have a base sound I start with that has all of the always on stuff like amp settings and EQ, but then add on the specific things to a song section. In an on the fly situation it would be difficult to...
  8. M

Wish: Preset search in editor

Agreed. I don't use Axe but I reuse and sometimes tweak presets for the needs of a song. A search that is based on 1. Name, 2. Number, or 3. A song name containing the preset would be helpful.
  9. M

The Conversion is Complete

Some other pics and one that actually shows the floor set up.
  10. M

The Conversion is Complete

I started this journey using a floor based multi-effects processor that ended up being discontinued a year after I bought it (thanks, Digitech). I play in an instrumental math rock/prog group, the occasional cover band that does charity shows, and a couple of worship bands. After doing some...
  11. M

My studio and live gear

Where do you sleep and keep the fridge? Clearly you should never need to leave that room except for bio breaks and showers.
  12. M

My studio and live gear

Wow! I kind of just want to move in or something. Fun room for sure!
  13. M

Exiting Global Preset?

Have you selected a second press option in the global menu? I have global set as second press on any preset so I can always get in and out.
  14. M

connect MMGT to different Live rigs

Different profiles for different bands or just keep the presets completely discreet. I would just use a different jump drive for each group to avoid confusion.
  15. M

Looking for Flight Case Recommendations

I got a case from Odyssey for my GT 22, mission active volume, and real McCoy wah. I took the route of screwing them in to the board itself and the extra little side space helps for storage of various things I might need during the gig like cables and eBows. Odyssey FZGPEDAL32W Flight Zone 32...
  16. M

Which Furman in your Effect Gizmo Rack?

I wanted a digitally controlled analog tube set up. One of the classic things you read about is the difficulty in isolating power buzz in rack systems and it just gets worse the more you throw in. All of the equipment, with the exception of the Mk. V is in a 10 space rack in the order above...
  17. M

P 1800 PF R. Running the following: Palmer PGA-04 ISP Technologies Decimator G Rack RJM Rack Gizmo-functions Mesa Boogie Mark V F1: Green/channel 1 F2: Yellow/channel 2 F3: Red/channel 3 F4: Mesa EQ F5: FX Loop F6: Solo F7: Tuner Mute F8: Reverb Power for MMGT 22 Pedal shelf: Pre-Mark V...
  18. M

I have the 1800 and would not trade it for anything.
  19. M

Rg16 question

It is a rack shelf on slide locks that I turned upside down. I believe it is a Penn Elcom R1291K 1U.
  20. M

Rg16 question

So I have a similar system using a rack gizmo for all the pedals running in front of the amp (MB Mk V) and an effects gizmo running the pedals in the FX loop. So far the system works great and it is a matter of running the output of the rack gizmo and associated loops to the front of your amp...
Back