Search results

1. sread

Volante and button page

Turn on "Send CCs on Preset Change" for the Volante on its device settings. That should send the bypass recall settings per preset.
  2. sread

MIDI PC Switching Noise in BigSky

Looks to be only the Big Sky increase program preset function that makes the noise. Any part of programming that command that could cause a noise? I've checked the Timeline preset change that button page and it is identical but no noise.
  3. sread

The Big Sky is last in the loop before I take the MIDI back to the PBC for the USB-MIDI merge. Before that is the Timeline, and I do not hear any noise from sending preset changes on it when I trigger preset up/down. I don't seem to hear it when I send a patch change via preset (will look more...
  4. sread

Hey Ron & Crew! I was playing last night and tapping through some presets from my MIDI page I have setup on the PBC and noticed that whenever I change up or down presets on BigSky I can hear the button "press" clicking from the PBC in the BigSky. I've isolated everything else and can still...
  5. sread

PBC 4.0 beta firmware release

Ron, could you provide some instruction on how you were able to make the USB Midi Interfacing function work? Sounds like a few of us here have attempted to connect to Nixie with little success. Happy New Year to you and your family! Thank you for providing us such great service on your products!
  6. sread

PBC 4.0 beta firmware release

I’ll wait for Ron to chime in, but if I understand the function correctly, the PBC would be a midi interface to your computer to talk to Nixie. In order for Nixie to operate, you need bi-directional midi with your midi pedals. So, I would assume you would have to complete the homerun after your...
  7. sread

Andy Timmons comp

Mono cable will do the job. On the PBC the remote switches are TRS 1-2 (Tip, Ring) and 3-4 (Tip, Ring) with a common ground. You can use a mono cable and use switch 1, just keep in mind that you won’t be able to use switch 2 since they are shared on the same TRS connection on the PBC. You could...
  8. sread

Insert cables - Suppliers?

Tight Squeeze Cables on Reverb does a great job! They'll custom make whatever you need.
  9. sread

Using Kemper stereo FX Loop return

I'm using the PBC for this! Works great. I have my drives in L1-6, then out pbc 5-6 to the font of the Kemper. In the Kemper i had the stereo FX loop in the "x" slot which is after the amp section. From the back of the Kemper I use the direct out to a volume pedal then back to the PBC In 7-10...
  10. sread

Ipad display for PBC

Thanks for the info! Just picked up the app and going to start researching some on my own. What was your starting place to learn to program the app to work with the PBC? Just their manuals online?
  11. sread

Ipad display for PBC

This is fantastic! Great work. What is your current interface to get Lemur to talk to the IPad? USB Bluetooth-Midi?
  12. sread

Mastermind PBC and Voodoolab Cable?

Yep! The Zuma works great, just use the normal 9V 500ma slot.
  13. sread

Expanding PBC to add More Loops

Great video here from Jay Rogers expanding the PBC with a MiniEffects Gizmo for his drive section. He also has a Dropbox link to show you his pbc editor settings. Best, Sam
  14. sread

PBC Midi Interface with Strymon pedals?

In order for the 1 cable USB method to work the second midi would have to be an input return in order for bi-directional midi to work with programs like Strymon's Nixie(currently still beta). The midi thru splitter Ron is suggestion would still let you midi data to your m5, and then use the...
  15. sread

Flipping stereo? Bad?

Done the same thing with the zip mogami, luckily you should be able to switch around the TS (mono L/R) ends to keep the signal consistent. I rigged up my amps and started playing as I added the stereo loops to the signal path. The easiest way to diagnose is to set your stereo effects to...
  16. sread

PBC w/ Strymon Nixie App

Hey Tim, I've gone back and forth with Matt at Strymon and found some insight on your problem. Have you by chance in Nixie used one of the Factory Preset Collection presets to build a preset and then sync to your Strymon Device? What I'm hearing a common bug is with the Beta software(and...
  17. sread

PBC w/ Strymon Nixie App

Interesting that you can connect to the devices but not write the programs. The only change in Ron's software is the midi merge. Maybe the firmware updates on the Strymons changed a global setting or something on the physical units. I'll look in to it and see if I can replicate. Glad to hear...
  18. sread

Global Preset for Wah with Mobius

I do something similar to this. I have an IA button on a page that changes my Mobius midi CC to the wah patch and at the same time turns on the loop action that the Mobius is in (I use pre/post mode). What's cool about it is you can hit the wah IA and do your solo or whatever and then I have...
  19. sread

Resend last PC button

I've been using the Preset 2nd Press to Reload the given preset. That sends midi CC's to your devices too. This doesn't exactly do what you're asking but can get you close if you want to reload the midi CC's you have associated with a given preset. I use it to get back to my initial state after...
  20. sread

PBC w/ Strymon Nixie App

Okay guys, have an update! While Ron works on a more permanent 1 cable solution in the software (and Ron if you are ever in Washington, give me a ring, beer is on me for all the hard work you put in) I found a way to get things up and running... This solution requires your normal USB 2.0 cable...
Back