Search results

1. PianoMan

User Generated Device Library

Had this idea pop into my mind while browsing here. Seems to me that the majority of requests is simply for _______ pedal to be added to the device library. Instead of taking up Ron's valuable time adding what is essentially labels and shortcuts, why not outsource it to the users who care about...
  2. PianoMan

Ventris Nemesis Skipping PC Messages

Source Audio pedals handle MIDI very weirdly. I've owned several of their pedals, and I've never been able to get them working to my satisfaction with MIDI. Part is that they seem to require a gap in between MIDI signals (otherwise a command might get missed). They also just don't do MIDI bypass...
  3. PianoMan

Micro Clock / Smart Clock users?

I asked my client out of curiosity. He gave the two reasons I listed above, plus added that he likes having a dedicated & always accessible knob for adjusting tempo on the fly.
  4. PianoMan

Micro Clock / Smart Clock users?

Great question. I built a board for myself with a Selah Quartz on it once, and very quickly got rid of the Quartz because the PBC did the same things better IMO. Plenty of people still do it though (I just finished a pedalboard build for a client with a PBC 6/X and another Quartz as a matter of...
  5. PianoMan

Scribble Strips for PBC

Ugh, that's really cool. I'll say it again...I would buy a PBC 6/x with scribble strips the second I was able to get the funds together, price as no object.
  6. PianoMan

Access Global Preset w/ MIDI?

Haven't been able to confirm whether or not this works, as I'm trying to send the command from an HX Stomp, and it doesn't have the ability to send two MIDI signals from one button press. If I can get some time soon, I'll try it from my MC6 just for the sake of confirming it for anyone else...
  7. PianoMan

Access Global Preset w/ MIDI?

Just wondering if there is a way to send a MIDI message to the PBC to access the Global Preset? I tried sending a PC value of 0, but that takes me to Preset 1. Thanks!
  8. PianoMan

Scribble Strips for PBC

I’ve already gone on record for wanting this badly… +1000 from me.
  9. PianoMan

Control Specific PBC Buttons from External Devices

Cool, that definitely helps! The PBC doesn't always pick up on the switch between on/off states, but at the very least it prevents the buttons from actually getting completely de-synchronized between preset changes, so that's a win to me! As a note, I did a proof of concept for my idea by...
  10. PianoMan

Control Specific PBC Buttons from External Devices

I know this is a weird one, but this would expand the ability of the PBC to sync button states with other devices. For example, I have an HX Stomp XL that I currently control one particular filter setting manually, as the only way I can control it via the PBC is via a straight toggle (no...
  11. PianoMan

Strymon Big Sky pre-delay issue

Hmmm, the MIDI clock would have been my first guess. Does this happen when you change presets, or only when you change banks? Does it happen if you change presets/banks on the BigSky manually without using the PBC? If the answer to the last question is no, then post your PBC setup file - you...
  12. PianoMan

Bank Up/Down via MIDI Controller

It all depends on what you want to do. I had the MC8 and swapped back to the MC6 purely because the extra size didn't provide enough benefit for my particular needs. With so many ways to access different functions on their controllers with a single button (tap, long tap, double tap, etc), I...
  13. PianoMan

Appreciate the kind words! It does look like the Multibox would do the job for you. The pins appear to match up with the diagram (pin 2 isn't shown on the multibox, but it's the ground connection, so I would assume it's covered). Regarding the Morningstar stuff, I've read that they have a...
  14. PianoMan

I use these for projects like this. Also, here are the MIDI jacks I used on mine.
  15. PianoMan

I suspected that would be the case given you have your amp company name in your signature. :) Also, I'm a nerd who keeps the manual in his dropbox for easy reference, so here's the wiring for you:
  16. PianoMan

Personally I'm not a fan of MIDI Y cables for stuff like this, as changes to your board can make it useless if it's too short. If you have a soldering iron and a drill, then I recommend building a MIDI splitter box. You can get all the parts shipped to you for about $20, and you just have to...
  17. PianoMan

Yep, it was added! I have an MC6 on my board mainly to control my PBC and this is one of the things it does.
  18. PianoMan

MIDI Send Order + MIDI Loop Questions

I think I miscommunicated. I'm wanting to send redendant CC's while not sending redundant PCs. Is there any way to achieve that?
  19. PianoMan

MIDI Send Order + MIDI Loop Questions

Going back to the first question...is there a way to essentially do direct send for just CCs? I don't want to resend the PC everytime I change a preset, as that cancels any ongoing delay trails (this is for my Empress Echosystem), but I do need it to send CCs everytime, even if they're redundant.
Back