Axe FX 3 support

Billy

Sorry if this has already been asked. But I could not find it in the search. I know the Mastermind GT will support Axe FX3 but will the Mastermind LT have support

Yes, the LT will support the Axe-Fx III as much as possible. A lot of the code in the two products is shared, so most of the work for the LT will already be done when the GT's support is ready.

Yes, the LT will support the Axe-Fx III as much as possible. A lot of the code in the two products is shared, so most of the work for the LT will already be done when the GT's support is ready.
Great. One question. I want to configure as follows. Each bank will be a preset on the AX3. Buttons 1-6 will select scenes 1-6. To do this I would set the buttons up to select IA's where I would toggle the CC. For the presets I would configure the bank buttons as PC selects. Is this correct? Is there a tutorial that has this kind of setup? All videos I have seen don't cover this kind of functionality.

I recommend using the setup described in this video:
Using a Mastermind LT MIDI Foot Controller to control an Axe-Fx

The last one in the video is the closest to what you're looking for. It's a bit different because it uses one LT preset per scene, but it's the most versatile because you can name each scene in each preset, and also program effect block buttons on the LT to change to match their state in each Axe-Fx scene.

Set it for an "Axe-Fx II XL+ (slave)". That's the closest setting. If you do that, you at least have predefined CC numbers on the LT. You'll have to set the CCs to match on the Axe-Fx though.

Set it for an "Axe-Fx II XL+ (slave)". That's the closest setting. If you do that, you at least have predefined CC numbers on the LT. You'll have to set the CCs to match on the Axe-Fx though.
How can I implement 2nd press functionality using this mode since I cant specify an alternate preset? What I would like to do is to toggle between the current scene and scene7 using this function. Is this possible? Thanks again for all your help.

Last edited:
Why can't you specify an alternate preset?
It is my understanding that in this mode each preset is like a song. I use buttons 1-4 to select scenes in the preset. I would like to use the 2nd press function to toggle between the currently selected scene and scene7. If I can use the alternate preset that would be great. I am just not sure how.

The "Alt" 2nd press simply selects a different preset on the GT. Whether that preset sends the same PC or different PC is up to you. Using the suggested configuration, you're already setting each group of four presets to send the same PC, you can just extend that to another four presets - still the same PC, but different scenes.

Any update on Axe 3 support for the LT? Are you waiting on having a more complete implementation on the GT to make debugging less complex?

Any update on Axe 3 support for the LT? Are you waiting on having a more complete implementation on the GT to make debugging less complex?

I keep having to fix the GT implementation due to bugs and/or changes to the Axe-Fx firmware. I'm hoping to finish the GT firmware very soon, then I can finish the PBC/LT implementation, which is about 75% done right now.

I keep having to fix the GT implementation due to bugs and/or changes to the Axe-Fx firmware. I'm hoping to finish the GT firmware very soon, then I can finish the PBC/LT implementation, which is about 75% done right now.
Now that the GT firmware has released, can we expect the LT version soon?

It's still not 100% correct, things keep changing on the Axe-Fx side and I have to keep fixing to compensate. I think I should be able to do a firmware release for all current Masterminds after Axe-Fx firmware 1.16 is available.

It's still not 100% correct, things keep changing on the Axe-Fx side and I have to keep fixing to compensate. I think I should be able to do a firmware release for all current Masterminds after Axe-Fx firmware 1.16 is available.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the new firmware.

I just got the LT up and running with my Axe FX 3, love it so far. I watched the tutorial videos and the only thing I can't figure out still is how to download the Axe3 preset names from the unit. I follow the video but it just sits waiting forever for the names to sync up. Probably I have missed a setting on the fractal or something. Has anyone else had this problem and got it to work? Same thing with the tuner, so it seems like bidirectional is not working or something.

I just got the LT up and running with my Axe FX 3, love it so far. I watched the tutorial videos and the only thing I can't figure out still is how to download the Axe3 preset names from the unit. I follow the video but it just sits waiting forever for the names to sync up. Probably I have missed a setting on the fractal or something. Has anyone else had this problem and got it to work? Same thing with the tuner, so it seems like bidirectional is not working or something.

That's correct, we don't have official support for the Axe-Fx III yet. No bidirectional features are working right now. It's taken a lot longer than I'd like to get it working on the Mastermind GT, but all the while I've been copying the changes over to the LT and PBC firmware, and it's pretty close to done. I spent some time this morning testing the LT and PBC with the Axe-Fx and it's looking pretty good. I hope to have the official 4.1 release available within the next week.

Okay cool. Will just sit tight until the release comes out. Nice work, this little pedal is fantastic for what I need.

Back