Axe FX III Changing Channels On The Same Block

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

Is it possible on the same preset to have say an IA setup on the GT for a drive block channel A and then add another IA to select the same drive block but change to channel B? I've got a TS-808 on chan a and I wanted to have a BB Preamp on Chan B and sometimes I like to have the option in a song to choose a different drive pedal.

Cheers
Paul

Yes, add two actions:

Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:None on:1
Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:0 on:127

And on the other button:

Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:None on:2

Put both buttons in a group, and in group settings turn "Send Off Messages" off, and turn "Allow all Buttons Off" on.

You're going to have to turn on Direct Send PC/CC for the Axe-Fx III device entry in the Devices tab for this to work.

Yes, add two actions:

And on the other button:

Put both buttons in a group, and in group settings turn "Send Off Messages" off, and turn "Allow all Buttons Off" on.

You're going to have to turn on Direct Send PC/CC for the Axe-Fx III device entry in the Devices tab for this to work.

Thanks Ron,

I'll give it a go later tonight when I'm rehearsing.

Cheers
Paul

Yes, add two actions:

And on the other button:

When I set up a block this way, things act a little funny:
  1. Press the button, and the block is engaged, correct channel selected.
  2. Press the button again, and the button display briefly shows "off" but then immediately comes back on, although the block is bypassed.
  3. Press the button again, and the display acts as above, but the block is still bypassed.
  4. Press the other button in the group, and start again at Step 1 (above), but now I can hit the first button and engage that channel of the block where I couldn't before in Step 3.
Reversing the order of the CC toggles helps, although both buttons show as "On" if either in the group is engaged.

Last edited:
Ok, some corrections - don't group the buttons. Make sure that Direct Send PC/CC is turned on. This will get you close, except that you can't get both buttons to visibly turn off. But it will allow you to select the two drive channels and turn off drive. I'll try to think of a way to get it to work 100%.

Back