Axe-Fx III Output 1 Volume Increment/Decrement?

iaresee

Has anyone set up two switches to Output 1 Volume Increment and Decrement on their Axe-Fx III?

Care to share your Axe-Fx III MIDI settings and RJM GT settings you used for these switches?

I'm fumbling around a bit here. It doesn't appear to be possible to do this without removing the IA control for two of the blocks from the GT list of blocks it can control as you can only use CCs 1-127 for these functions on the Axe-Fx III. Am I misunderstanding this? Quite possibly!

Weirdly enough I was literally going to try this yesterday but ran out of time. My plan was to set a global IA aside for a Boost function like Chris does in the video below (starting around 8:24) - is this what you are trying to do but on the GT?

I did this on my MFC, as a boost it works nicely, so I am interested to see how to make it work on the GT as well.

is this what you are trying to do but on the GT?
It is, but these assignments are different in the III on account of there being so few CCs and so many things to control.

Might be the GT is using SysEx for the blocks and not CCs? Actually, that's got to be true. Which means I think I know how to do it -- I was overthinking the CC assignment thing in the IIIs UI. Gear is packed up for a gig tonight, but I'll get back to this Tuesday and post my result.

When controlling the Axe-Fx III, we use sysex behind the scenes to allow access to everything without running into the CC number limit. We do use fake CCs in the GT, but because they aren't "real" CCs, we can allow numbers up to 255 and combine effect block bypass and channel selection on the same CC number using different values.

More details that you probably want can be found here: https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/solu...ommunicate-with-the-fractal-audio-axe-fx-iii-

For things that aren't looper or effect block control, you do use actual CCs like you would on an older Axe-Fx. Just be sure to use low numbers for your CCs. CCs 1-10 are safe ones, they don't interfere with the fake CCs we allocate. Also, CCs 11-16 are used for external controllers. You can repurpose them for other things if you don't need all those controller.

So, for some weird reason I couldn't get CC #2 to work with this approach. The Axe-Fx III's EDIT light would light on hitting the switch that was sending values on CC #2, but what it was editing was unclear -- it wasn't incrementing or decrementing the output 1 value and it wasn't saving the preset.

Using CCs 1 and 3 though, it's working flawlessly. It increments or decrements the scene output level for the current preset and saves the preset.

Here are the setings the Axe-Fx III:

IMG_2202.jpg

And here are my increment and decrement switch settings on my GT-22:

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 8.30.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 8.30.23 PM.png

CCs 1-10 are safe ones

So, for some weird reason I couldn't get CC #2 to work with this approach. The Axe-Fx III's EDIT light would light on hitting the switch that was sending values on CC #2, but what it was editing was unclear -- it wasn't incrementing or decrementing the output 1 value and it wasn't saving the preset.

Using CCs 1 and 3 though, it's working flawlessly. It increments or decrements the scene output level for the current preset and saves the preset.

I'm confused, I thought the GT used CCs 1-6 to change Channels on the Axe-FX3? I'm back home tomorrow and I was planning on trying CC7-9 for this.

I noticed the CC's list in the RJM Editor shows CC#2 is reserved for something called 'Control', which probably explains why it wasn't working but not what it does.

Can anyone make a complete guide for me ?
I would like to use ext sw 3/4 for Vol + / vol- on the output 1 blok.

As i was saying.

midi/remote - Other - output volume set to 1 and 3

Is there other places i need to adress.?

As i was saying.

midi/remote - Other - output volume set to 1 and 3

Is there other places i need to adress.?
Nope. That's the sum total of what you need to do. Maybe it's a limitation with external switches on the RJM? I could have sworn the RJM didn't impose any restrictions on external switches -- they were full-fledged switches just without a display. Here's the full settings for one of my switches:

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 11.25.47 AM.png

If you copy those settings on an internal switch, does it work?

I have tryed your settings still no luck, maybe admin can fix this i cant hink of anything else to try
I’m wondering if it’s an AFIII side problem? Are you certain those CCs aren’t in use for anything else?

Also, just to confirm: the way this feature works is it increments OUT 1 by a half dB and then saves the preset. It doesn’t leave the preset in the edited state. You’ve checked OUT 1’s value after pressing the switch a few times, right?

Last edited:
here is the thing i have set my axe 3 under midi output 1 increment to 1
and the Decrement to 3
down volume works kind of..... it turns down Scene levels and saves it but no luck with scene up

Back