Axe III with GT22, few questions

Roadrunner

Hi all.

Finally paired the Axe III with my GT22, I got it to run the basic but still have few issues.

Page #1 layout is presets and FX. When clicking IA, the bottom row changes to Scenes
Page #2 layout is presets (bottom row) + 8 Scenes + 4 free switches which I have not programs yet.

Problems:

1. When changing preset from the AxeIII wheel or Axe Edit, the RJM will not switch presets correspond.
If on "MIDI Settings" (RJM) I will set "MIDI Receive channels" to 1 (same as the Axe) the RJM and the Axe will start going crazy jumping from presets to a preset, back and forth.

2. Volume Increase / Volume decrease – how do I set Ext switch 3 + 4 for that?

3. Scenes names update, after changing scene name and saving on the AxeIII, the scene name doesn’t update automatically on the RJM, not even after selecting a different preset on the RJM.

Thanks.

Make sure you're using the latest firmware on the GT (4.2.0) and Axe-Fx III (1.18). Follow the Axe-Fx III specific instructions in the GT manual. Firmware and manual are available at the top of this forum.

Don't set MIDI Receive Channel set to the same channel as the Axe-Fx or you will have problems - that parameter is only used when using a computer to select presets on the GT. Keep it set to None in most cases.

Scene names do not automatically update. You need to do Get Preset Names on the GT to update preset and scene names.

To set volume increase/decrease, you need to go into Axe-Fx MIDI/Remote setup, on the bottom of the Other page, and set the CC number for Output 1 Volume Increase and Output 1 Volume Decrease to two different numbers. The numbers have to be lower than 27. Setting them to 8 and 9 would be good choices.

On the GT, edit external switch 3, turn off all checkboxes except Momentary. Press Add Action, set action type to CC Toggle, Device to Axe-Fx III. Set CC number to 8. Off value should be None, on value should be 127. Repeat for external switch 4, but set CC number to 9.

Back