1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Practices Using PBC Mixer on 6-10 Loops

Discussion in 'PBC General Discussion' started by sjgam, Jun 10, 2019.

1. sjgam

sjgam
    Expand Collapse

New to the PBC and have modulation pedals on loop 7,8 & 9 (chorus, phaser & flanger) and delay on loop 10.

My observation with PBC mixer is that in general parallel allows more of the original signal to come through and in series effect is thicker.

So for lead tones that have a mod and/or delay I use parallel so source tone comes through and for pure mod chain, I use series to make it thick as intended.

My delay is a Chase Bliss Tonal Recall RKM and has Mix dial and midi controllable presets so I can use Series and lower mix by preset and keep it in series if I want.

None of my mod pedals have mix or preset ability so I use the parallel and series at PBC preset level for them.

What are you guys doing with the mixer on PBC for series and parallel?

#1 sjgam, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. JimGtr

JimGtr
    Expand Collapse

I do my modulation in series to get the full effect, and delay and reverb I do in parallel (with kill dry enabled on those effects).

3. shoelesscraig

shoelesscraig
    Expand Collapse

This is EXACTLY what I do as well. Mobius in loop 8 in series, Timeline and BigSky in 9 & 10 in parallel.

4. trulsux

trulsux
    Expand Collapse

....do you mute the dry signal in the PBC??

5. JimGtr

JimGtr
    Expand Collapse

Opposite. I mute the dry on the effect units I'm running in parallel (reverb and delay). So the dry signal you're hearing is has never passed through the effect units.