Best way to wire an Eventide H90 with a PBC/6X?

Jotovibe

I'm replacing my HX stomp with an Eventide H90 on my board. I used the HX mostly for effects and not the amp models and speaker cabs etc. What is the best way to connect the H90 to the 6X? I had the HX stop wired as below so I could use the preamps and fx wherever I wanted to in the chain. Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• IMG_1415.jpeg
    IMG_1415.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 22
Simply wiring it in stereo to one of loops 4-6 (or the insert loop) is all you should need. From your drawing, it looks like you're running in mono, so you can split the stereo loop and use each half of the H90 independently, placing it wherever you like in the signal path.

Thank you ! So send from one of the loops 4-6 to input 1 on the H90 and Output 1from H90 to the Return of one of the loops from 4-6? I had to enable the insert loop on all my presets with the HX to setup Pre or Post FX do I do the same here? SO enable Insert loop on my preset and lets say I'm using loop 4 for the H90, If I place loop 4 before the insert loop it will be pre and if I place loop 4 after the insert loop it will be post? Also I'm using midi with the H90 too. Does it work the same way as the HX by choosing the H90 template on the 6X and choosing the rest number from the H90 for the 6X preset??

Last edited:
I don't have an H90, but as far as I can tell, as long as the pedal is configured for dual effect routing, then it'll work the same as the HX did for you.

Did you ever get this to work. I have H90 In 1 > Send 4 on PBC Out 1 > Rtn 4 In 3 > Send 5 Out 3 > Rtn 5. I have loop 4 before insert and loop 5 after. Any pre effects work, but any effects post does nothing.

Check your H90 configuration to make sure it's set up correctly as dual effects. Also, what is the insert loop connected to and where is the PBC's output going?

I have Amp Input > Ins S Amp Send > Ins R Amp Rtn > PBC Out I also have a Big Sky in loop 6 and it works fine. The H90 works if I take the PBC out of the equation so I don't think it's a setting on the H90.

Did you ever get this to work. I have H90 In 1 > Send 4 on PBC Out 1 > Rtn 4 In 3 > Send 5 Out 3 > Rtn 5. I have loop 4 before insert and loop 5 after. Any pre effects work, but any effects post does nothing.

I ended up selling the H90 and returning to the HX stomp. It was way too much power and complicated to use as a simple Swiss army knife of FX. I also like to use reverb and delay along with FX at times and I would have to morph one of the Algos on the H90 to use as Rev/Dly in one side and the other for an effect .Great unit but overkill for me. The stomp was way easier for me to navigate and use for that purpose.

Back