Boost into mixer?

hp26

Hello guys, new to the forum here...I had a question concerning putting a clean boost last in my fx loop chain in the rg-16 then running into a mini line mixer then out to my amps return. It's not working going into the mixer, tried it without the mixer and works fine. I'm kinda new to rack equipment so I don't know if this is supposed to work or not or if I'm doing it right. So my question is can I use the boost with the mixer or do I have to set it up some kind of different way? I don't want to put in front the amp, only in the fx loop to use as a clean boost.

Thanks,
Heath

When you say it doesn't work, what doesn't it do exactly? Running a boost through a parallel mixer would reduce the amount of boost you get - not sure if that's the problem you're seeing. What are you using the mixer for, exactly?

There is no boost at all when I turn on the loop, no difference in volume at all. I've tried the boost all the way up also, nothing. I'm running a G-force into the mixer along with the dry signal with the boost in that loop.

Here's a pdf drawing of my setup.

Attachments

• RG-16_Wiring_Blank Model (1).pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 369
what should the boost pedal do? pushing your overall level for solos?

this will not work, how you set it up. in your setup, the g-force signal should get quieter as soon as you activate the booster, am i right?
a mixer delivers a constant out-level and mixes the input signals together to this level. if you push the dry signal, the wet signal should get quieter, if you push the wet signal, the amount of dry signal should get quieter.
Ron, correct me, if i´m wrong.

try the following setup:
send 5 to g-force, g-force out to mixer in 1, loop 5 out to mixer in 2, mixer out to loop 6 in, send/return boost, loop 6 out to amp return.

in this way you have a parallel effect setup with your g-force and you can push the overall level with the boost by activating loop 6.
maybe this is what you want to do.

With that setup, the boost pedal should increase the dry level when the loop is engaged. Do you have the Killdry mode turned on in the G-Force? (I know the G-Major has it, not sure about the G-Force).

So, what happens when you turn off the G-Major, then turn the loop with the boost on and off? You should get a volume change.

Thanks Joe, yes i'm using the boost to boost my overall level for solos. When I activate boost, there is no level change from the gforce at all at least to my ears. I'll try the set up you mentioned...makes sense to me.

RJM...I just got the gforce so i'm still learning about it. But i think it does have killdry mode and i'm assuming it's off by default. But no, when I turn off the gforce then turn boost on and off there is no level change. I'll try messing with it all later today to see what happens. Thanks

while using the g-force in parallel with a dry signal you must turn on "kill dry" otherwise you get phasing issues and it doesn´t make sense to to route the dry signal within the g-force and in parallel with it.
so kill dry on and you can mix your effects to the dry signal (which is always coming to your mixer)....the only thing you can´t do with a parallel setup is a classic whammy or full pitchshift effects, because you always hear the dry signal as well.
but you can route the dry signal to an extra loop of the RG-16 and make it switchable, so you have the option to do whammy effects if needed.

Back