Boss GT8 as MIDI controller?

Bozie

Has anyone used the Boss GT8 as a foot controller for an Effects Gizmo? Am I right in thinking that the GT8s ability to send program changes will allow it to do this easily?

Patch 1 on the GT8 sends PC-1, Patch 2 sends PC-2, and so on. Could it be as easy as selecting patch 1 on the GT8, choosing the loops I want active in the Effects Gizmo, hit Write, job done - next patch?

I already own a GT8, it displays patch names, and the time based effects are ok... It would mean I could buy a rjm mixer instead of a Mastermind!

I am still getting my head around MIDI...

Cheers.

:)

It will but remember in common with all Roland boss units when changing patches the units do not just send PC1 , pc2 etc the send a bank change and patch change together ie the send
CC#0 value 0,1,2 or 3
followed by
PC 1

the efffect gizmo is ok with the that though so certainly for the user banks in the GT8 you can match the patches on the GT8 with those on the Gizmo without any problem
so for example if you have a patch 1 on the GT8 and you select it, switch on whichever loops you want on in the GIzmo then hit write it will be called up next trime you select patch 1 on the GT8

If you get stuck with anything or want more info just ask

Back