Buffer Out & Buffer In

Elromusic

I have purchased the (8 loops). I have a few setup questions.

1) Guitar input into front input // buffer out into amp In = no loss of tone or drop in volume.

Guitar input into front input // CS out into amp IN = Loss of tone and noise.
Why?

2) If I am using the buffer out to feed my AMP IN…How do I get my fuzz pedals (DS1) hooked up using the Buffer after the fuzz pedal.

Guitar In front Panel

Send 1 to Input DS-1
Out DS-1 to Return 1

Then ??

Then Buffer out to Send 2
Return to 2 to Buffer IN

Then CS out to AMP input IN??

Much appreciated..thank you

It sounds like your CS circuit may not be working correctly. Does everything sound ok if you plug the amp into Out 5-8?

Yes, that's how you can put a buffer after a fuzz pedal. The only thing you need to add is a cable from "From Front" to "In 1-4". A DS-1 shouldn't need the buffer to be moved, though. Old fuzz circuits like a Fuzz Face are the ones that have problems with buffers, not distortion pedals like the DS-1.

Thank you for the reply....Are there any tests I can do to test the CS circuit?

I did a factory reset of the unit...any other diagnostic steps?

Plug a guitar into CS in, amp into CS Out, if it doesn't sound right, it probably needs to be repaired. A factory reset won't have any affect on it.

I just did the preceeding test...and i get tone and sound drop...how do I get this fixed...I am located in Montreal, canada?

Ok, where and when did you buy this Effect Gizmo? Is it version 1 or version 2? (Red LEDs or blue LEDs)?

Ok, I'm asking some of our Canadian contacts to find someone to do the repair for you.

Can you also check one more thing: what happens when you connect guitar into Buffer In and amp to Buffer Out?

I use the front interface and did get full audio from the buffer out....I did not plug in to Buffer In...will try it tonight...why?

Ok, if you did it from the front input to buffer out, that's sufficient. I missed that in your original post.

Ok, Mike at Nice Rack Canada in Toronto is the closest person to you I know of, and he'd be happy to do the work. I've already checked with him and gave him the details. Please contact him at info AT nicerackcanada DOT com and he'll help you out.

Wanted to thank you for the support. Your service referral was excellent. Mike and his team at Nice Rack Canada did an excellent job of fixing my Gizmo. Amazing service....Much appreciated...now back to making music.

Back