[Bug] External Footswitch cannot control loops in Editor

ZachSelindh

Hey all! I've found an issue that may be a bug in my Mastermind PBC. On one of my pages, I'm trying to use one of my external footswitches to control bypass state for Loop #3. But I've noticed that, as I started to refactor my presets, the Loop state was not following the external button state. As an experiment, I moved the button back onto a Mastermind footswitch, and observed that the Loop behavior started to align with the newly assigned button.

So, in short, it seems that assigning an external footswitch to control Loop state does NOT properly override audio settings to turn that loop on/off, or at least not with parity compared to a Mastermind footswitch. Is this a bug, or some failsafe to avoid relying on an external switch? Am I resigned to moving the button back onto the unit proper?

I've attached my settings file in case that could be useful. Thanks!

Attachments

• removed-compressor.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Can you give a specific example of what you're trying to do, what the expected results are, and what the actual results are?

Sure! On second read I can see that it wasn't clear my problem was showing up while programming presets in the Editor.

I'm trying to assign Loop #3 on/off to my external footswitch.

While programming a preset in the editor, I expect clicking that external button ON in the "Buttons" tab will properly turn on the loop, and that will be represented in the "Audio" tab. What I see instead, is that the "Audio" tab shows that the loop is NOT turned on by the external button.

For posterity: I found a pretty good workaround. I added buttons on Page 15 on my PBC (which I previously wasn't using), then assigned those buttons to control bypass for the loops I previously couldn't control with the external footswitch. Then, I gave each footswitch an IA number, gave that number to the corresponding external buttons, and turned on "IA Link" on both buttons.

Works like a charm.

Keep in mind you need to expand your "Max Button Page" value if you use this route, even if you never plan to actually navigate to the new button page.

It looks like external switches on pages higher than page 1 aren't triggering audio actions correctly. I'll look into it.

Back