Buying advice for potential RJM user - now owner! :)

AdrianG

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and am considering purchasing a GT22 to control my Axe-FX3 (long time member on the Fractal forum).

I am pretty much ready to place my order, and I have a couple of questions please:
1) I've been lurking around the online shop for a while now and it shows no stock. Is this because there is a potential new version of the GT22 coming out? (i.e. is this a bad time to buy one).
2) For @rjmmusic, do you have an estimate when stock will be available again please?
3) For existing UK customers, how would you normally purchase the GT22 - do you buy directly from RJM or is it better to buy it from a more local reseller?

I've been struggling with the decision of getting an FC12 or the GT22, both have so many pros and both are excellent units, but I think the GT22 has won me over in terms of flexibility, great workflow options, and the very visible scribble scripts.

Very much looking forward to taking this jump ahead with such a well thought out product!

Adrian.

Hello, we're in the process of making more GTs, but we won't have any for another 3 weeks or so. There is no new model in the works.

We don't have any dealers in the UK at this time, the closest dealer would be Looper's Paradise in Germany.

Awesome, thanks Ron! I'll keep an eye on the store for when they become available then.

Thanks for the fast and informative response!

Adrian.

Adrian,

For what it's worth, the MMGT is the best control pedal I have ever used. I've been a professional musician for 40 years, and was an early adopter of MIDI-controllable effect systems back in the late 70s. I've been using the MMGT with my Fractal Audio gear for a number of years, and it's the most versatile and powerful system I have encountered. You'll be delighted with this device.

Thanks Sleestak, I definitely appreciate your view on this! I play live nearly every week, and have been for several years - not a pro like you but using my gear a heck of a lot so I’ve been wanting to get the most out of my Fractal whilst I’m using it.

I have gone back and forth with the FC12 (not tried one yet) but ultimately the GT22 just seems to do slightly more if you are willing to program it a bit. Have you played around with any of the FC controllers yet yourself?

The FC’s do look good from a minimal setup point of view, but certain things on the GT22 (like being able to select any of the 4 channels of a block with just 1 switch) make it really useful for me.

Adrian,

The FC controllers are really well designed, and from a plug-and-play standpoint, they're fantastic. I love the MMGT controllers for many reasons, including the one you mentioned. Also, being able to easily manage set lists, flip through pages of control layouts, send multiple commands, and remap anything on the board... it's just the most flexible board I've ever tried (and I've tried a ton of them!). Ron (RJM) is positively awesome. Not an endorsee here, and I paid full price for my board. I love this device.

At one of our recent gigs, the FOH engineer came up onstage after soundcheck and marveled at my board. He wanted to know how I controlled my entire show from such a compact setup. I walked him through the programming paradigm, and he was blown away. It does take a little bit of effort to get accustomed to programming the MMGT, but it's pretty intuitive once you have built a preset. There are a lot of people on the forum who will help, and there is a great thread here on getting a quick start with the AxeFX III and the MMGT. I'm also "Sleestak" on the Fractal forum, so you can find me there as well. For that matter, I'm an admin on the Fractal Audio Users Group page on Facebook.

Welcome to the fun!

Another Fractal user here, although only using the Mastermind LT. I agree with everything Sleestak has said. Im in my second day and regret I never purchased a very long time ago..I know what my uprgrade will be :)

It is really good to see so many Fractal users here!

One thing I am hoping is that the footswitches on the GT22 will be quieter than the MFC101mkIII. I have great difficulty tapping in a tempo with my foot and not getting angry glares from people in a quiet song, I've basically resorted to using the front panel Tempo button on my Axe3.

Fractal user axe 3 here as well
I love my gt22 i do wish that there would be some more updates be great if you didn't always had to use the get preset names to update names but love all the functions and the versatility i bought mine secondhand on Ebay for £900 which was brilliant... could not believe it!!!
which is half price.. you are nearly better of getting a cheap flight to US and get a trip out of it as there is around £400 to save in us

Fractal user axe 3 here as well
I love my gt22 i do wish that there would be some more updates be great if you didn't always had to use the get preset names to update names but love all the functions and the versatility i bought mine secondhand on Ebay for £900 which was brilliant... could not believe it!!!
which is half price.. you are nearly better of getting a cheap flight to US and get a trip out of it as there is around £400 to save in us

Damn, that’s a good catch on eBay! I’ve been watching but the second hand market is slow for these controllers at the moment. o_O

I have just placed my order with RJM, the webshop is not saying Out of Stock anymore so I'm hoping stock came in earlier than Ron estimate (he said 3 weeks). Hopefully one GT22 will be heading my way soon! Thanks for all the good advice so far!

Thanks very much for the purchase! The listing does say that the expected ship date is April 8th, although it wasn't very prominent. I've changed the shopping cart to show the preorder status more clearly. We hope to ship before the 8th, but that's the "safe" date we're reasonably sure we can meet. If this delay in shipping is a problem please contact me.

I have to say, I have never been more blown away by the incredibly good customer care that you give us Ron! Thank you so much!! I am so glad to be a future owner of one of your products!

I know you've already purchased but for anyone lurking in the future, I'm in the UK and ordered my GT16 from Looper Paradise in Germany.

It was a great purchasing experience. He rang me immediately after I purchased to let me know he had just sold the last one they had in stock but when the next delivery date was and how long it would be before it arrived at my house.

Would recommend them if you want to avoid the import duty and cut that royal mail take.

My GT22 arrived this morning, it is stunning to say the least and I am very keen to get it setup! Massive thank you to Ron for going out of your way to get me sorted out! No doubt I will be back here asking silly questions soon! :)

Back