Can the GT16 switch amp channels?

phatstadt

I am replacing a Behringer FCB1010 with a GT16, ordered yesterday. One thing the FCB has is a 2x TS into TRS (via send cable) which can then be plugged into the switch input of an amp (MkV:25 in my case) and allows to switch channels and set the Eq on and off.
Is there a way to use the 2 switch pedals “in reverse” on the GT16 so that they would send a signal to my MkV? Assuming not, do I need a midi controlled Gizmo that can do that? I used to do the latter but I misplaced the Gizmo so was hoping the GT16 can do that, however unlikely

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-28 at 16.56.49_bbd1b9c2.jpgim using gt10 for two amps
- MarkV25 via VooDoo Lab control switcher
- Mesa triple crown with direct midi between amp and GT10

Thanks. My use case is different though because the MarkV25 doesn't have MIDI as you know, but I don't own any switcher than would convert MIDI CC's from the GT16 into an electric signal going into the swit6ch of the MarkV, which is presumably one function that your Voodoo unit performs. My former switching unit was a SwitchBlade GL by SoundSculpture, and I was planning to upgrade it to the new SwitchBlade ET, but the company's owner died suddenly at the end of last year and I had sold my SB GL a few weeks prior. My FCB1010 was sort of a hybrid MIDI/switcher because it could send switch signals on to separate outputs. Whihc is precisely why I was asking if the GT16 could do that, but I think it works the other way around whereby it expects inputs from expression pedals and switchers and it cannot generate anything else than MIDI. Oddly, I cannot find anywhere on the web that simple MIDI RJM Mini Amp Gizmo box that Im used to own and that could output two different CC #'s from MIDI and that I used to own. I only have one amp so don't need anyhting bigger alhtough the VooDoo lab one is reasonably priced. In any case, it seems that I need a hardware layer, however minimal.

Last edited:
Back