CC Toggle Issues w/TimeLine

Terry Richalds

Hey guys,

I have a Strymon TimeLine in Loop 9 stereo and I want to take a stab at NOT using the Line Mixer in Parallel but just running it in Series normal. What I DON'T want to lose however is the trails every time I bypass the TimeLine. Since the trails go silent when turning off Loop 9 in Series mode - I set Loop 9 to be locked Always ON. On my buttons Page (Page 2 - loops) I set the button 9 IA Action to...

TimeLine:Bypass / CC Toggle #102 off:0 on:127

So in theory any preset I make with that button ON - the TimeLine should switch a Delay on via MIDI. If a preset has that button OFF - the TimeLine should Bypass via MIDI. I'm not getting it to do so. And when I go to my Global Preset which is Dry which has the TimeLine button OFF - the delay stays on from the song preset regardless.

Hope this is clear. I tried messing with a few different checkboxes in the Editor to no avail.
What am I doing wrong?
My .rjs file is attached

Thanks everybody!

Attachments

• Pedalboard NO Line Mix.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Parallel routing is required for the trails to continue, without the line mixer's help, the PBC can't do trails. There is a workaround you can use with MIDI capable pedals like the big Strymon pedals:

Set the pedal to buffered bypass, and enable trails in the pedal itself.
Edit your button on the PBC so that it no longer controls the Strymon's loop, but instead sends a Bypass CC to the pedal.
In the global Audio tab, lock the Strymon's loop to On.

That will leave the loop on and will let the pedal manage its own trails.

Yes that's what I was saying in my original comment.
The Strymon is set to Buffered bypass and the trails are working for the pedal itself.
I did what you said and I set Loop 9 to always be on.
I also set the PBC button to the Bypass CC function for the TimeLine.

For whatever reason it's not bypassing my Timeline when I switch presets or engage my Global Dry setting.
When I go to the Loops page and turn the button on and off the TimeLine DOES turn on and off.

So that's why it's bummer that it won't change when I switch Presets that have the button either ON or OFF.
.rjs file reveal anything?

Turn on "Send CCs on Preset Change" for the Timeline device, that will hopefully fix it.

Back