Connecting Mastermind GT22 via Bomebox

Hi there,
Very excited just ordered a GT22 for my Kemper/Fractal/Synth/DAW rig.
I am wondering if there may be any considerations against using Bomeboxes with the mastermind gt22 that I am not aware of?

https://www.bome.com/products/bomebox

I basically have two Bomeboxes, one on my board, and one in my rack. As it stands I have been using a hodge podge of generic midi controllers plugged into the bomebox on the board, sending MIDI over WIFI to the bomebox in the rack which then goes to the AXEFX3 then to the Kemper. I guess I have two questions:

1. Can I cable this somehow (USB-MIDI?) so that I can receive preset names from BOTH the AXE3 and Kemper?
2. Should I worry about sysex message transmission over WIFI?

Thanks

Jake

That's definitely an interesting looking product, but this is the first I've heard of it. You probably could get it working with a Kemper and Axe-Fx, but you'll need a MIDI merge box to combine the outputs of Axe and Kemper to go back into the Bomebox. The Bomebox output would connect to the MIDI Input of the Axe-Fx, and the MIDI Thru of the Axe-Fx would then go to the MIDI input of the Kemper. That will allow communication with both devices.

I don't think there would be an issue of Sysex over Wifi, as long as the product is well designed. Wifi is so much faster than MIDI that sending Sysex over it should not be a problem.

Back