Converting MKV cable to Laney IRT???

divil

Hi Ron and all....I have recently changed amps from a Mesa MKV to a Laney IRT Head and was wondering if I can convert the old MKV cable into one I can use with the IRT...my idea is to use the existing cable minus the little plastic box gizmo and just add a 5 pin DIN to the other end to go into the Laney?...I know you sell these for the Laney IRT but it seems a waste of a lead and plug to just dump it and buy another one and I'm in the UK and thus it would probably take a while to get here...I'm using an RG16 and a standard Mastermind Midi controller.

So what I'm asking is would you be able to give me the pinout connections???? :)

Any help with this would be gratefully recieved! :)

Many thanks
Paul
divil1@sky.com

Here's the diagram we use to build the cable, as well as the instruction sheet that comes with the cable. This should be enough to convert it to an IRT. Just remove the box and the short end of the cable and add the connector. The color coding will not match up, so you're going to have to open up the connector on the Gizmo end to see which wire goes to which pin.

Attachments

• AC-IRT.pdf
    336.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DOC-AC-IRT.pdf
    48 KB · Views: 19
Thanks so much....as when I first bought my RJM gear the service and help is first class! Thanks again! :)

Back