Cycle

Gazlyn

Hi

I have a preset that is Clean & I would like to Cycle through on he same button to Drive 1 then Drive 2.

I have tried all that I can think of and also watched videos and read instructions and still having issues.
The closest I can get is having an alt preset with is great but I can only have 1 alt preset and I need to cycle through more if possible.

Is this possible?
Help would be great
Thanks

Sorry, preset buttons don't cycle, only IA buttons do. Do you only need to access 3 specific presets, or does this button need to access presets in other banks as well? If it's only ever going to access those 3 presets, then it could be converted to an IA cycle button.

It should only need to access those 3 presets. I've had trouble with making this work too.
Do I do this via the Buttons tab?

Yes, edit the button, set type to IA, turn off all checkboxes except IA Cycle, then add the following actions to the button:

System / Preset preset:1
System / Step
System / Preset preset:2
System / Step
System / Preset preset:3

Replace 1, 2 and 3 with the preset numbers you need.

This seems to work great thanks!
So the button coordination isn't doing what its meant too.
Also when I move to a different preset then back to the cycle it doesn't reset to the 1st preset. is it possible too?

And is it possible to set the on/off colour on the cycle? It seems to set the colour to whatever it wants and I cant figure out how to change it.
thanks for your help.

So I turned off/on the PBC and the general cycle colours work as they should.

Im just now trying to see if I can have an "OFF" Colour like the rest of my presets and
when I change to a different preset the cycle resets its self to #1.

On a cycle button, it's never off, exactly. It's on one of 4 steps. If you add another step that does nothing, that can be your "off" state.

System / Step
System / Preset preset:1
System / Step
System / Preset preset:2
System / Step
System / Preset preset:3

You'll have to move your names and colors to the next step, and call the first one "off" or something

Turn on "Update on Preset Change" to have the button respond to preset changes. By default, it will reset to the first step when any preset is selected.

Im still having so issues, I am able to get a cycle working but not in the traditional sense I think. I got it working from preset to preset using local buttons.

On button 7:
Swell Drive 1
Preset: Swell Drive 3
Preset: Swell Drive 4

I am able to get everything to cycle correctly but when I first click on button 7 for the 1st change (Drive 1) button 8 light turns on as well as button 7. When I cycle to Drive 2 button 8 turns back off to what its meant to represent, button 7 does what its meant too. So my issue is button 8 turning on when its not meant too.

Thanks

YOu probably have IA Link turned on on those buttons, turn it off and one shouldn't affect the other.

Its a preset. Ive just added my file if that helps. The Presets are on 634-637 and ive set up a test song. The cycle is on switch 7.

Attachments

• Cycle Test.rjs
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
I'm a bit confused - your test song is set up to access preset 731 nine times, and preset 732 once. Should I be looking at presets 731 and 732 or 634-637?

Sorry I have fixed the file. 634-637. I have taken out the presets from 2-6 & 8-10 so they are blank in the song and 8 still lights up.

Attachments

• Cycle Test.rjs
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Try this one - I had to resave it I had a boxed ticked that I shouldn't have.

Attachments

• Cycle Test.rjs
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Ok, you have 9 preset buttons, so they will be mapped to the first 9 presets in your song. The first preset button is mapped to preset 634, and the 7th preset button (actually button #8 in your configuration) is mapped to preset 635. Any time preset 635 is selected, any preset button that is mapped to preset 635 will highlight. That's what you're seeing. There isn't any way to change that, unfortunately. That's just what preset buttons do. The best you can do is set the on color and the off color for the button to be the same so that the backlight color doesn't change.

Back