Does Series keep Reverb out of Delay?

Don Anderson

Routing these 2 in my Loop, first off does it matter the order? Reverb after delay or just click 'Series' in the editor? If Series option does every effect in delay need to be in 'Series' ?

Thanks,
Don

It does matter for sure. Typically, delay is placed first. Series or parallel routing is a matter of personal preference, there's a description of parallel routing in the user's manual that may be helpful. Series routing is exactly the same as you would connect pedals on a pedalboard (without a loop switcher).

Yeah, if you're used to series it definitely requires a re-think of effects; not having your delay trails affect your reverb is very strange on first listen, haha.

@boyce89976 so unless I designate series in the editor, it is set so the effects are not bleeding into each other right?
It defaults to series for Loops 7-10, so your effects will bleed into the effects after it. You'll need to set those loops for how you want to run them, either series or parallel (parallel is no bleeding).

@boyce89976 looking at the editor now, by default 'Series' is not highlighted. Additionally I don
t see an option for 'Parallel' so I'm kind of confused. It sounds like I want parallel but don't see that option.

Don, view the "loops" button page, you'll see loops 7-10 have a hold function on them. This hold button is the parallel loop. You can move those buttons anywhere you want, if you look at the OEM configured setup, that's how series/parallel is controlled via button. You can set the default if you want on you audio page, parallel or series. But as mentioned out of the box, the default setting is series on the audio page.

@Diezel thank you! Odd that you press Hold for Parallel,. I have been looking at the manual for the PBC, need to find the one for the editor.
Thanks again!

I would imagine most people set up their loops to not bleed into each other Parallel?

The editor manual can be found online:

www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

FYI, what Diezel meant is that, on the PBC, you hold one of the loop buttons for 3 seconds to switch the loop into parallel. For example, pressing the Loop 10 button turns the loop on or off, but holding it switches it between series and parallel. The LED switches from blue to purple when in parallel.

In the editor, loops 7-10 have a "Parallel" selector in the Audio panel. When it's turned off, the loop is series. When it's turned on, it's parallel.

You're welcome. Since there are limited buttons, it makes sense to use one button to control parallel and series. I no longer use series/parallel with hold function. When using the hold function, the button activates on release. So if you're in IA mode, myself, I like to press the button and activate the loop vs. coming in late (activating on release) only after my foot comes off the button.

It's good to sample which way you prefer to use the loop as it's easy to compare with the stock configured file...but once you know what you want. You can remove the hold function and set the default you prefer in the audio tab.

Regarding which method people prefer to use, that's really a personal preference. There's really no right or wrong answer. As
kiesshauer mentioned, some may have used a series configuration for years and prefer the sound.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm late getting back to you, but you can't get better help than @Diezel and @rjmmusic.

In the editor, there are a couple pages where you can set Loops 7-10 audio to Series or Parallel.

The main page is the Audio Page. You'll see Series and Parallel options for all four of those loops.

You can do it also on the presets page. On that page you'll see "Parallel" under the loop name on button page 2. If the loop is Series, it will say "Parallel", and if it's in parallel, it will say ">Parallel<".

Back