effect gizmo - actual output - help, user error

darcym

I posted recently in a thread about a hardlock in my effect gizmo, got another one and the parts to fix my old one (thanks RJM).

Sat down to replace the old one with the new one, my tech has done a great job of labelling up the cables really clearly and idiot friendly, eg: loop1 send, loop1 return, great stuff.

tried to wire up the new one - got an output/pass through, however none of the loops work, I'm %100 this is user error and reading the manual, I think I maybe missing a cable from when I took the first one out, but I thought I'd check if you could advise, I'm really sorry this is so basic.

input into the front -> then from the back, I want the signal to go into the loops 1 - 4 and then out to the amp (just to test the setup). Once I've got that working and proved I understand it, I'll wire it up properly into the rack.

so, if I put my guitar into the front, in my head from reading the manual, I need to use the
"from front" jack, into the "input 1- 4"
then
wire in send/return from loops 1 - 4
then "output 1-4" goes to the amp ?

is it really that simple ?

if I just did "from front" to the amp - it would totally bypass everything right ? it would just be from front - direct into the amp ?

thanks.

got this figured out, I was getting mixed up with the normalising to other jack, my tech's cables now make sense and all appears to be working

Back