Effect Mini Gizmo for my Electrics...

Per Sundin

Hi

First time here

I have a Mini Effect Gizmo, working great. Love the peace and have used it for years. Now I have little different application I would like to try. As I can’t use midi just now I can’t try it out myself, so ask instead. The answer will depend on if I make an investment in a controller or not.

I have 3 electric guitars and I would like to use Mini Effect Gizmo as an ABCY-switch. By connecting the guitars in port R1/R2/R3. Connect Out to my amp. I guess I can use CS out to ea my tuner. Switch guitar/port with midi commands CC88/CC89/CC90 and select each guitar with value on=127 and off=0 to turn each guitar in or out. Only demand is that if I turn one guitar/port on, I need to turn the other two off. My controller need to be able to send three CC#-command, on to turn on guitar on and the other two off.

Would this work or am I missing something?

//Per

Yes, that will work. You can group loops 1 through 3 together so that turning one on will turn the others off. When set up like that, you will only need one CC message each time - the CC for the loop that should turn on. The others will turn off automatically.

Hi

Thanks for answering so quick. That’s so cool… I did not know about that feature in the Mini. Had to look it up in the manual, but could not find it. I looked at the large unit and found it there.

So if I understand this correct the procedure is as follows
  • Turn the power off
  • Hold button #4 and turn the power on
  • Assign the loops that is going to be engaged. In my case press button 1, 2 and 3 and then write to memory.
  • The only CC# I need to send now is CC#88 or CC#89 or CC#90 with a value of #127 I turn on R1, R2 or R3. The others will be turned off if they aren’t already.

And this will work in my Mini Effect Gizmo? Think it is about 5 years old.

Thanks

Per

Back