Effects bypass question

MMC

Hi there!

I'm struggling to find a way for programming my PBC in order to have this feature.
Since my pedalboard is kind of busy and I'm left without two free and dedicated loops, I put two different Strymon delay pedals (Timeline and Volante) in the same loop, in series. I normally alternate between the two and I can't notice any sound degradation having one in true bypass and one processing, also because they are in the effect loop of the amp and the PBC loop is in parallel mode.

The Timeline is used in 85% of my PBC preset (and therefore is generally on) and the Volante in the remaining (thus most of the time in bypass): when I program a preset using the Volante, I insert a preset action to turn the Timeline in bypass mode and the Volante on.
Is there a way (beside inserting the same action - reversed - in all the presets with the Timeline) to have the Timeline back on and the Volante in bypass when I recall a different preset, aka button group style? To my understanding preset action are only "on mode" and no action can be played when leaving the preset...

Thank you, all the best!

That's correct, preset actions are only run when loading a preset. You would need to add preset actions to every preset. Or, why not use a button? Add the actions to it, turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. With those turned on, the button runs its action(s) every time you change presets. Then, program the button to be on in presets where the Volante is on. The button will default to the "Timeline on" state for each preset, you only need to turn it on for the Volante presets. That's far less work overall than using preset actions.

The button can be on an unused page, you don't need to have access to the button on the PBC - you don't need to press it unless you want to. Just make sure that Max Page (in Globals) is set to include the new page.

Back