Effects Gizmo Kemper MIDI configuration help

cpkeller

I have read through the midi section of manuals for both the effects gizmo and the kemper amp modeler to figure out how to get the effects gizmo the turn on particular loops from a program change on the Kemper. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. I have searched the forum as well and it seems that most people want to change both the effects gizmo and a Kemper from something like the mastermind footswitch. How would I configure midi on the Kemper to turn on/off loops on the effects gizmo. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

A basic configuration is pretty easy. Connect the MIDI Thru on the Kemper to the MIDI input on the Effect Gizmo. Make sure that everything's on MIDI channel 1. Then, select a preset on the Mastermind. Use the Effect Gizmo buttons to turn on the desired loops, then hold the Effect Gizmo's Write button until the lights flash. Repeat for each preset you want to program. When you return to each preset, the Effect Gizmo will recall the previously saved loops.

What I meant to say in my original post was that I have found a lot of information for use with the mastermind. I don't have a mastermind and want to turn loops on and off on the effects gizmo from midi messages sent from the Kemper when I change Kemper programs. I have both set to MIDI channel 1 and am connecting the effects gizmo from the kemper MIDI out. I can select different loops on the effects gizmo manually but the write button does nothing in this configuration.

Check out page 210 of the Kemper manual, you need to assign a program change to every rig you're using, and have that sent on MIDI channel 1. Connect the Effect Gizmo to the MIDI output of the Kemper. Once you have the Kemper sending PC messages, you'll be able to assign Effect Gizmo loops to each preset.

Back