Effects Gizmo Question

GreatGreen

In the stereo loops 9-12, if I only plug in a single 1/4th inch cable to one of those loops, or in other words a mono signal, will that signal automatically be converted into a stereo signal and be sent to both outputs?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm using a rack with two preamps, and I'm trying to figure out a way to be able to use each of them independently, and also have the option to setup the preamps in stereo, preamp A -> Left and preamp B -> Right.

Last edited:
The Effect Gizmo doesn't do any conversion at all - what you put in is what you get out. You would need to have a cable that converts from mono to stereo. In the case of one preamp on each side, you'd need an insert cable to split the loop send and return into left and right sides to connect to the two preamps.

I'm not sure that you'd be able to set up some way to automatically switch between all of the options you've listed. It might be possible with some very clever wiring, but I don't have a solution right off the top of my head.

Ok so this sounds like my only real option then, right?...

1. Use the "Output 5-8" to send to a splitter, like a buffered ABY box, to allow sending the guitar signal to both preamps in parallel

2. Loop 9: Triaxis Out L -> Stereo splitter cable -> Loop Return Tip and Ring (nothing plugged into Send Loop 9)
3. Loop 10: ENGL Out L -> Sterep splitter cable -> Loop Return Tip and Ring (nothing plugged into Send Loop 10)

4a. Loop 11 L: Triaxis Out R -> cable into "Tip" of TRS Loop Return (nothing plugged into Send Loop 11)
4b. Loop 11 R: ENGL Out R -> cable into "Ring" of TRS Loop Return (nothing plugged into Send Loop 11)

5. Route loops 9, 10, and 11 in series with TRS cables

From there I'd need to setup the Effects Gizmo to only engage loop 9 or 10 or 11 and I think I'd be okay. Does that sound like it could work? Both preamps have Ground settings so hopefully I'd be able to avoid ground loops.

...also now that I think about it, if I got an Effects Gizmo with a stereo upgrade on all loops and routed my preamps (Loops 9, 10, and 11) between loops 1-4 and 5-8, I could make room for four stereo post effects.

Last edited:
Back