Effects Gizmo+??? to control multiple heads

lefty5221

Hey there, not sure exactly where to post this but here is my dilemma...I run my pedals into effect gizmo without issue but I want to know if there is an RJM unit (or other piece of gear) where I can use several heads/combos with my Effects Gizmo...

problem: My Mesa, Peavey and Bogner (not pictured) have effects loops and the Vintage Fender and Marshall heads do NOT have loops.

I do not tour (just me and my 4 walls) but I would like the flexibility of using my pedalboard with all amps/heads with the flick of a switch (is that even possible??). Thanks for your help and advice!

Attachments

• 20180918_125141.jpg
    20180918_125141.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
You can easily switch effects in front of the amps - just use the last 4 loops of the Effect Gizmo to send to the inputs of the amps. The effects loops are not so easy. I generally recommend just allocating specific effects to each effect loop and leaving them there. Trying to switch effects between effect loops is problematic at best.

Hey there, thanks for your reply. Please forgive my noobiness... I currently CS Out to Amp#1 IN, amp send/ return to 9 send/ return (for example). How do you CS Out to multiple Amp ins?

Thanks again

Connect CS Out to In 9, then connect Send 9, Send 10, Send 11 and Send 12 to your amp inputs. Also, make sure that Out 9 is connected to In 10, Out 10 to In 11 and Out 11 to In 12. With nothing plugged into the returns of those loops, the loops will effectively become a programmable splitter.

Can I make the same trick with this setup:

Guitar input --> Gizmo In1-4
Send to Amp1 --> Gizmo Loop1 send
Send to Amp2 --> Gizmo Loop2 send
Send to Amp3 --> Gizmo Loop3 send

Will I get hum if I have a patch with Amp1 + Amp2 (loop1+loop2) activated, if Amp2 is not physically connected?

No, you won't get hum if you have two sends activated, but only one amp connected. You're much more likely to get hum when both amps are connected, in which case you would need an isolation transformer or ground lifted cable to fix the ground loop.

Of course - you need an amp with a not connected input to produce hum - sorry for the stupid question. - In my case, will a (1/4" TS jack) connection with the shield disconnected in the one end, eliminate the hum, when only one of the two amps is activated (Loop1 on - Loop2 off) and both amps physically connected?

I think I go for another solution. I have 2 tube amps I need to switch on/off. - For this I will use my Mastermind A/B outputs. - The other preamps/amps is an Amplifire and ab Axe Fx 3. - These can be "always on" and can be muted/unmuted by other means.

Back