error 2

It happens over and over again.
What's strange is that the new settings are transferred.
It's like the editor looses connection and doesn't get any feedback if the settings have been transferred.

I was getting the error, but it seems to have stabilised; the only thing I changed was the USB port on my laptop that the GT was plugged into.

Have you tried a different USB port or a different USB cable? Maybe the connection is dropping out and causing the error.

I changed the cable but that didn't help.
Now I've switched ports.
In the words of POTUS..."We'll see what happens...."

Any solution for this problem yet?
I just tried updating my GT again and got the Error 2.
I always download from the GT before making any changes.
the only changes I made was:
- renaming some presets
- changing the PC (there was an offset on some)

When transferring, I got the Error 2 again.
I can't send the new setup even after restarting the GT

Attachments

• 19-6-28 (old).rjs
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 19-6-28.rjs
    2 MB · Views: 1
It seems te be happening every time I switch presets in the editor.
I transferred after every step.
Renaming and changing PC's per preset is no problem
But when I moved preset 126 to position 41 and tried to transfer, I got the error again

I still haven't been able to reproduce the problem here. I finally found where the error message is coming from (do you know how many times the word "Error" appears in the GT source code???), so that's a first step.

As a first guess, try turning off the Axe-Fx and see if the transfers work. I wonder if there's some interference going on between the Axe-Fx and settings transfer. It's not happening here, but it's still my best guess.

I've turned off the Axe-Fx when transferring and that seems to help.
But it's a bit weird I should have to turn the AxeFx off every time I transfer new settings isn't it?

I've turned off the Axe-Fx when transferring and that seems to help.
But it's a bit weird I should have to turn the AxeFx off every time I transfer new settings isn't it?

You definitely shouldn't have to do it, but knowing that it does help should make it easier to fix.

Off course...:confused:
Is there anything I can do - log midi traffic, try another PC, change settings....?
I had another issue yesterday.
It was the first time I used a song list.
I didn't make a setlist but just used the song menu.
After a while, the wrong preset was selected on the Axe-Fx and no matter what I did, no matter which song I selected from the menu, it kept selecting the wrong preset.
The only thing that worked was the IT Crow solution...turning it off and on again ;-)

I am having the same error 2 message here when trying to push to my GT16. Even after a factory reset. It’s happening a lot actually.

Back