Eventide Eclipse Control

Just getting my new LT setup, and am having an issue with getting the Eventide to load presets. The preset number changes, but the screen is staying on the loading preset, unless I hit the program and load buttons on the Eclipse. Anyone using this combo? What am I missing? It's working great on all my other equipment, even the Lexicons.

I've never used the Eclipse, but I would guess that there's a setting in there that controls how MIDI program changes are handled. Is anyone else here using an Eclipse?

I have an Eclipse being delivered today (1 May 2019). I'm also planning on purchasing a Mastermind LT in the very near future. I'm very interested in following or knowing if this issue was resolved.

I just bought an Eclipse & was wondering the same thing, so here it is folks. Page 29 of the user manual:

Loading Programs From MIDI:

You can load programs from MIDI program change messages if SETUP page 2 (PGM CHNG) is set to On.

Only MIDI program change messages sent on the channel selected at SETUP page 2 (CHANNEL) will be obeyed. Omni selects all channels.

That’s all fine, but get this: MIDI program change messages range from 1 to 128. The Eclipse’s program numbers range from 0 to 999. Those numbers don’t jibe. There are two solutions to this problem: midi maps, and bank select messages.

I just bought an Eclipse & was wondering the same thing, so here it is folks. Page 29 of the user manual:

Loading Programs From MIDI:

You can load programs from MIDI program change messages if SETUP page 2 (PGM CHNG) is set to On.

Only MIDI program change messages sent on the channel selected at SETUP page 2 (CHANNEL) will be obeyed. Omni selects all channels.

That’s all fine, but get this: MIDI program change messages range from 1 to 128. The Eclipse’s program numbers range from 0 to 999. Those numbers don’t jibe. There are two solutions to this problem: midi maps, and bank select messages.
OK, I thought I was crazy or doing something wrong, but I just purchased the Eclipse and experienced the same thing yesterday. Has anyone worked out any solutions?

Back