EVH 5150 III 50W Combo

areckard

Has anyone used the Amp Gizmo with the new EVH 5150 III 50W Combo?

I am thrilled with the amp but I am looking for a way to switch channels (along with EQ & volume settings) via MIDI device. I think the Amp Gizmo is compatible with the amp so I am just looking for some advice since I have never used any MIDI controllers before.

Thanks.

The amp has built-in MIDI capability, so you don't need an Amp Gizmo. A MIDI controller, like the Mastermind, is all you need.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Also, do you know if the Mastermind can control EQ/Gain/Volume? The 5150 Combo has channel 1 and 2 sharing all controls. It would be nice to be able to tweak those via MIDI.

rjmmusic said:
The amp has built-in MIDI capability, so you don't need an Amp Gizmo. A MIDI controller, like the Mastermind, is all you need.

How about Mastermind GT?
I am trying to switch the amp with Mastermind GT10/22...but no luck. :?:

All you should have to do is create a Generic PC/CC device in the GT's settings and make sure that it's set to the same MIDI channel as the amp. Then, you have to program the amp following the instructions in the amp manual. I think it goes something like this: Hold both channel select buttons, then select a preset on the GT. Next, use the channel select buttons on the amp to select which channel you want to turn on for that preset. You can repeat this for multiple presets on the GT, assigning a different channel to each. When complete, hold both channel select buttons again to exit the programming mode.

Back