External Switch. Using a single latching type?

sweetjonny

Hi.

So I was planning to use a Boss FS5L, a single latching type, with my GT16 to use as a master mute/kill switch type idea.

But in reading the manual, it states that momentary type can only be used!

Is this correct? will my latching switch not work at all here?

cheers

That's correct, a latching switch will be a problem. You would have to press a latching switch twice every time you wanted to get it to do something.

Ok Ron . Thanks .

So can I set up a momentary switch so that one press mutes/kills the signal at left and right outputs, then another press brings them back in?

I had a quick look on gt16 external switch setup and couldn't figure out how to do it...

Yes, edit the external switch, set type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes.

Then add the following actions:

System / Output #1 off:ON on:OFF
System / Output #2 off:ON on:OFF

Thanks ron, but in my case it would be a single momentary switch connected to the GT16 which is connected via bidirectional midi to the PBC. I want this switch to turn on and off the outputs of the PBC, one tap for on, one tap for off...

Ok, make sure the GT has a device entry for the PBC. Set the MIDI channel in that device entry to some unused number, set the MIDI Receive Channel on the PBC to the same number. Edit the external switch on the GT, set type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes.
Then add the following actions:

Mastermind PBC:Output A / CC Toggle #69 off:127 on:0
Mastermind PBC:Output B / CC Toggle #70 off:127 on:0

thanks again Ron. so successive presses of this switch will turn the outputs off, on, off, on etc? this switch pedal will be getting pressed in quick succession for a "stutter" type effect... i won't have to hold the switch down or anything?

No need to hold. Press once to turn on, press again to turn off. Even though the external switch is momentary, the latching behavior is handled in software.

Back