FS: Dave Friedman built rack!!!

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I'm selling our RG-16 demo rack! Because the new Rack Gizmo has a reversed layout compared to the RG-16, we'd have to rewire the thing entirely to swap in a Rack Gizmo. I'd like to build a bigger rack anyway, so this is the perfect excuse to start fresh!

This rack is a small, 6-space RG-16 based setup. Dave Friedman wired it for us and the wiring job is just amazing. The man's a genius. It has a sliding shelf set up for 8 more-or-less standard sized pedals. Power is provided by a Pedal Power 2+. There is a Furman PL-8 at the top that was modified by yours truly to have one 9VAC and two 12VAC outputs in addition to the usual 120VAC power outlets. It will power the RG-16 (plus a phantom powered MIDI controller) and two other 12VAC pedals if you have any.

The rack has been to the 2008, 2009 and 2011 NAMM shows and has otherwise sat in our office. It's in excellent shape.

Here's what's included:

- 6 space heavy duty road rack by Dragon Cases
- Heavy duty sliding shelf
- RG-16
- Furman PL-8, modified with 9VAC and 12VAC outputs as described above
- Pedal Power 2 Plus
- All audio and power wiring in place for 8 pedals
- Rear interface with 5-pin MIDI and three audio jacks (output from loop 6, input to loop 7 and output from loop 8 - you can either patch the first two jacks together and have all 8 loops in series, or use 6 loops in front of your amp and 2 loops in the amp's effects loop).

web.jpg

More pictures can be found here. Please note that the pedals are not included, but if you really want one, let me know and we'll work something out!

Parts and labor would cost about $2000 if you had Dave build you an identical one today. I'll set the price at $1200 and we'll split shipping costs. I'll also throw in two RG-16 interface cables of your choice so you can get your amp's channel switching under control.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Back