GT/16 Programming

satch4u3

Received my GT/16 yesterday, along with the phantom 7 pin midi box and everything works flawlessly with my Axe Fx 3.

Firstly, I do have the board programmed and gig ready at this point but was wondering if it were possible(I am sure it is) to have a default set of IA selections on the GT/16, when I choose a different scenes.

Currently I have one page with 8 scenes and 5 IA slots for FX. The rest are Preset Mode/Page up, Tap Tempo and Tuner buttons. Should also mention that I only use one preset the entire night of a show. This layout would do me just fine but it would be great to have a different selection of available effects in the IA slots come up, depending on what scene I have selected. Is this possible? Or would I have to use a second page?

Having a different button arrangement does require a different page. You could, however, create some alternate pages and add a System / Page action to each scene button so that it automatically changes pages when you change scenes. This will get you some flexibility, but you will be limited to 16 pages.

If the above isn't enough, there's another way to do things. If you use the "Create Songs" option in Get Preset Names, scenes on the Axe-Fx become presets on the GT. You can access fewer Axe-Fx presets this way, but then you could have a completely different button page for every scene. This is described in the GT manual, in the Axe-Fx 3 section, also if you look for our Axe-Fx 3 / GT videos on Youtube.

Your first suggestion of creating a new system/page action on each scene button was exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Back