GT 16 Setup for Axe FX III

Just got a second hand MMGT16 and decided to port the awesome preset configuration that iarsee did for the GT 22 (found here : http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-gt-22-setup-for-the-axe-fx-iii.3738). I made some modifications to suit my workflow (I don't have an austin buddy page for example) and you can get the file here if you like the basic idea :

https://bit.ly/2ZfIlHK (Firmware 4.3.0)

This is a set of 5 pages. The two main utility buttons are to the left and right of the main screen. The button to the left almost always gets me back to Page 1 which is my Main page.

Page 1

I'm almost always working with scenes (usually 1-6) so the main page is focused on scenes with my most used effects. Scenes 7 and 8 are on the hold function - not ideal for fast switching at a gig, but these two scenes are rarely used. Holding scene 1 also brings up a scene selector menu.

The buttons on either side of the main screen are utility functions. Tap tempo and tuner are combined with the tuner on hold.

Hitting effects takes me to page 2. Holding that button brings up a menu to select from all pages.
Hitting Presets takes me to page 5 which is a dedicated preset page showing all 16 presets for the current song. Holding this button opens up the preset selector for all presets (not limited to the current song).

upload_2019-6-8_17-54-17.png

Page 2:

This has all the rest of the effects and also allows me to switch AMP channels and CAB IRs. The custom naming of channels is great if you use the same thing in every preset. So instead of A/B/C/D , you could display "Virt Capo" for A in the pitch block, if A is always going to be your virtual capo. Similar to what I have done for the Cab channel (named it as IR).
upload_2019-6-8_17-59-53.png

Page 3:

This is the utilities page. I have the +/- 1 dB scene volume change here along with a switch to select a scene in case I need to do multiple adjustments without jumping around. I also have a switch to input the preset number and directly jump there. This page is also where I select an RJM song (which is a collection of presets for a gig / rehearsal).

View attachment 1346

Page 4
This is just the looper and a way to switch into a different scene - example I loop a rhythm sound and then jump to the solo scene right from here.

upload_2019-6-8_18-7-56.png

Page 5

This is the preset within a song selector page. Since I want to display all 16 and be able to select any of them the same way, this is the only page where my "Go to Main" button is on the hold function.

upload_2019-6-8_18-11-41.png

This RJM controller is pretty damn amazing. Requires a bit of programming but it's really great to be able to control everything and make any button do anything. Highly recommend this controller (I'm probably preaching to the choir here).

Added an Expression pedal selection function in the effects menu

upload_2019-6-8_22-40-31.png

If I click the mission button for example, I can select what parameter it will control, useful when I have multiple parameters to be controlled by the same pedal This involves setting up additional external controllers on the Axe FX III and assigning the correct ext controller to the parameter that you are trying to control.

upload_2019-6-8_22-31-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-8_22-29-11.png
    upload_2019-6-8_22-29-11.png
    248.6 KB · Views: 17
Back