GT16 Preset page for each Song

sweetjonny

Hi.

So still getting my head around many aspects for the GT16 but I'm getting there.
However, perhaps my understanding of the button layout capabilities are lacking.

So I've punched in all the presets and put those into songs and songs into set lists using the Editor and transferred into GT16. There will be maybe 12-14 songs in any given setlist.

Now I'd like the Gt16 to work during a gig is as follows:

Page 1 will have several practical "setup" buttons for various things which id call my "Home" page, but one button should be Setlist Menu.
Pressing Setlist menu brings up all setlist> selecting a setlist brings up all songs in that setlist> selecting a Song then fills Bottom 6 buttons with the Presets for that song (will have no more than 6 presets per song).

Pressing each Preset simply activates that preset and we remain on the same page so I can select freely between all presets in various orders during song performance.

Other buttons on Songs preset page would include 2 buttons to cycle the all songs in that setlist, a button to bring up a page filled with all loops (so i can bring loops in and out on the fly per preset), and a button to take me back to Setlist mode, Home page button and maybe a Tap Tempo button...

My initial play around has put me at a loss as to how to make this work...

Is this even possible? I'm thinking this will just require way more than the 16 available button pages?
Or am i fundamentally not understanding the capabilities here?

cheers.

You can specify a local button page for each preset, but not one for a song. You can get it to meet your requirements, only a little more work is required. Create a local button page for the first preset in your song, then copy it to the other presets in the song.

Thanks Ron, trying this now and was off to a good start but now GT16 is acting strange.
When I Edit Local buttons for each preset it seems these changes don't register... as soon as "transfer changes" is complete, the changes I've made revert back to a previous state on the Editor! and changes are not made on GT16. weird.
This can be seemingly random as some changes do register.
Ive also tried this directly on the GT16, and it does exactly the same thing...

so I'm thinking its a forward bug in the GT16?

But so far making changes on editor and transferring them for anything other than Local Button changes, seems to work as expected! Im stumped.

Im using Firmware version 4.0.1 (which I updated to just before doing all the in depth programming) and editor version 4.0.2 for mac.

Basically everything worked as expected until i started editing the local pages.

Its so frustrating as utilising the local pages is definitely the way i need to set it up.

Does this seem like a factory reset job?

And I couldn't find how to copy the local button page, this will be very useful once i get the above problem sorted.

If it is a bug in the firmware, will a backwards firmware update to previous version work?

Really hope I can set this up they way I need to.

excuse the mess of it here. I was just trying to get the local buttons working before tidying everything up.

Attachments

• GT16forRon.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Ok, I found a preset that doesn't have a local page (Cut And Run preset 2). I selected it in the presets tab, checked Edit Local Buttons, then edited a button to give it a name and color. I sent the changes to the GT, and selecting that preset in the editor or GT itself now shows the new local page.

Is there a specific sequence of actions you can tell me that leads to the problem you're seeing?

I figured most of the big issue out. some of the local page buttons I was trying to edit were already global buttons and so would just revert to their global state... solved this by rethinking over all layout plans and deciding and knowing where global buttons were placed.
Also there were some situations where the "Instant Bank Switching" and "Auto Page Select" Check box states would effect what a saw after a Write Changes.
Also making sure the Local Page is shown on for each preset.

The only thing I haven't figures out which would make my work flow, wayyyy faster is how to copy the Presets Local Page buttons so paste them onto the other presets in the song, like you originally suggested.
Create a local button page for the first preset in your song, then copy it to the other presets in the song.

Is this possible?

Yes, when Edit Local Buttons is enabled, right click (or Ctrl-click on a Mac) on the virtual GT on the screen. In the menu that pops up, select Copy Page From Preset, then type in the preset number you wish to copy to local page from.

Great Ron, all that worked a treat.

I'm having more woes back over one of my original posts... please have a look and see if you can help.

Back