HELP FIRMWARE UPDATE

Just recently purchased a MASTERMIND GT have tried to update firmware with no Luck. I'm running a mac,I download the firmware V1.4,Click on it,open in the Applications folder and then drag the rjf file onto a USB drive,that came with the GT, Following the instructions,hold down the buttons until bootloader appears except my message is Please insert a USB drive containing a valid firmware file. I have noticed that the the GT has the bootloader V1.2
Am I missing Something?I have even tried loading V1.3 first,same message.I'm sure its something I'm doing or not

A few users are having this issue, and I'm investigating. It seems like if you try it many times (maybe as many as 8 or 10), it'll eventually work.

I'll let everyone know when I have a solution.

Hi, I updated from 1.4 Beta. I'm running a MacBook Pro with Mavericks, I downloaded the 1.4 Firmware installed it on the RJM USB Drive and updated the Firmware on the MMGT with no problems.

Does your USB driver have a logo on one side or both? I'm trying to see if there's a correlation between types of USB drive and the problem - we've had two different manufacturers make our drives.

Rain said:
Hi, I updated from 1.4 Beta. I'm running a MacBook Pro with Mavericks, I downloaded the 1.4 Firmware installed it on the RJM USB Drive and updated the Firmware on the MMGT with no problems.

My USB has the RJM Logo on one side...

I was having the same problem but then Ron suggested I leave the flash drive out, power up with the buttons pressed and then put in the flash drive. Tried it with the RJM flash drive and had the same issue but when I tried it this way with a different flash drive it worked like a charm the first time. Give it a try.

Back