Help w/ EG Loops and Strymon Lex

drneely

I found a couple of threads, but wasn't able to find the exact answer. I am trying to control the slow/fast function of my Lex that is in my rack via some loops in my Effects Gizmo I am not using (11 & 12).

I have tried both a normal guitar cable into 1 of the Loop's "Out" along with a custom TS/TS > TRS cable where I used both "Outs" of 11 & 12 to a single TRS end that I plugged into the Lex.

In both instances I was able to get the Lex to go from Fast to Slow, but cannot get it to go back up to Fast again??

Any ideas from anyone who might have tried this? I have the Lex set to the correct External Fast/Slow setting so its a weird one.

Thanks!

I tried something today that isn't an ideal long term solution, but for some reason it did work.

I used my insert (2 monos -> TRS) from loops 11 & 12 Outs to a TRS end into the Lex. If I pull the TRS cable out slightly and have Loop 12 engaged then Loop 11 will switch between Fast/Slow. If I insert the TRS cable all the way in, Loop 11 will take it from Fast to Slow, but will not take it back up to fast.

Interesting...

That's really odd, I've never tried to control one using an Effect Gizmo, but have using a Mastermind PBC, and didn't run into that issue. It probably has something to do with the fact that the Effect Gizmo switches both tip and ring at the same time. Seems like you could get away with a single cable that has TS on the Effect Gizmo end, where the tip on that end is wired to the ring conductor of a TRS plug on the Lex end.

Back