Help with simple rig

Chomii

Guys i need help with small rig for my Mesa Boogie Roadster. I am not sure what to put in loop and not ruin pure Mesa tone. My first option was TC Electronics G Major 2 or G System and Mini Amp Gizmo but i have read a lot of posts about TC units freezing or coloring the tone or volume decreasing or some kind of buffer problems (G System) and all kinds of stuff. Even if it is all in one solution and easier to get i don't want to regret later. Second option is to buy couple of quality pedals like Strymon or Eventide (reverb,chorus,delay,phaser,tremolo,flanger) put them in the parallel with RJM Mini Line Mixer and control them with Rack Gizmo and Mastermind.
What would be the most transparent tone preserving option. Don't get many reply's on other forums so i hope you guy's can help.

The original G-Major had issues with freezing. I never had any similar issues with the G-Major 2, although I've not got it any longer. Personally, I think TC's G-series gear is behind the game - their compact pedals are better these days. But in your shoes, I'd buy Strymon. The Timeline, BigSky and Mobius all sound fabulous, way more natural than the Eventide stuff IMO. I haven't got any of them, but boy do I want them - played through the BigSky for the first time this week and nearly bought one even though I don't really use reverb!

Back